23 ~ The Alpha

~ Zara's POV

"So instead of taking her in and questioning her you decide that the best thing to do was to kill her?" I could here voices, but couldn't see, it was like I was back at that treacherous place again, where I was held captive for so many years.

"She attacked me plus she had crossed the border!" Wait, I recognise that voice! He was the man from the forest.

"Never raise your voice to me Steven! I am your alpha and even if your my beta you will show me respect!" Alpha?! Oh, shit! No I can't be around another alpha again, not ever. I tried immensely to open my eyes but my I had no control.

"Sorry alpha." There it was again that word that seemed to trigger my anxiety.

"Anyway the did the fact that she attacked you with bright beams not shock you? There could be more like her but we wouldn't know that if I hadn't of stopped you from killing her! You mind linked me to tell me to come to the border that there was a girl with strange abilities, did you not even bother to think why she wasn't trying to stop you?" He knows about my... differences.

"No, i-she was tormenting me and I let my anger take control. It won't happen again."

"Well it better not. Now, I want you to go back to the pack house and inform them I may be gone for a while, depending on how long this one will take to wake up." What on earth is happening right now?

"Yes alpha." I heard footsteps then a door slam. Then there was a sound of leather like on a chair, and a deep sigh.

"I know you can hear me." My whole body jolted, what? "But what I can't work out is why I can't read your mind or get in your head, I mean sure your different but your still werewolf I can sense it. So what are you?" I wanted to answer and it drove me crazy how I couldn't put him in his place but I was trapped here. "Fine don't answer but I have all day."

~ 2 hours later

It's so torturous, not being able to respond or even open my eyes. Suddenly, there was a sharp electric pain in my chest causing me to scream and finally awaken from my captivity.

The alpha was now staring at me in shock while I sat there heaving at the pain that just hit me. "What are you? Y-your eyes, they're so... beautiful." What does he mean?"

"Um thanks?" I said with a really hoarse voice due to lack of water.

"Hang on." he rushed out of the room then came back with a plastic cup filled with could water. When he handed it to me I didn't hesitate I took the cup and guzzled it down like it was my only way of surviving.

"Thanks."

"Your welcome, now I know you've only just woken up and all but I have some questions I would like to ask you."

"Um okay." I was expecting this so there was no surprise there.

"What's your name and more importantly what are you?" Wow, so straight into the deep end ok then.

"Well I'm Zara and I-um-I... I actually don't know." I tried to think of something but there isn't a name for it.

"I'm Zack... Hmm, well were you born this way or changed?"

"Changed I guess."

"Could you explain this to me?"

"Sure, I was... experimented on by evil scientistic hunters who made me this, then I escaped and then just a couple of days ago I was told I have 4 months to live." I can't believe I just said all of that... to a stranger!

"That's terrible."

"Yep." I looked down trying to avoid his pitiful gaze. We were in an awkward silence until Zack decided it was time to end this conversation and leave. Thankfully.

"Ok well I'm going to have my sister come round and you can stay at the pack house in the spare room." What?

"Wait what? But you don't know me, I'm a rouge and I could be lying." What was this guy on?

"I know but I trust you." And with that he pulled out his phone failed a number and waited for it to answer. "Hey, Jane can I ask you a favour?"

______________________

Hey guys, so we have 3 new characters. Cant wait to write about them😁 See u next time👋
~ Mia❤️
Sunday 17th December 2017