22 ~ Suffocating

~ Zara's POV

I didn't know what to do... so I did nothing. There I was, sprawled onto the ground. Just looking at the sky. Wishing... praying... pleading that it would lift me up and take me far away. The bitter air stung my skin like wasps, but still I laid there my legs bare and my body now trembling, did I care though? Would it be so bad for everything to just stop? No.

"Answer me rouge!" His words struck me like claws but at the same time sliced me like a knife at the memory of Dean's words, the day he found out about me. "Give me a reason not to kill you right here and now... Well?!? Aren't you going to plead for your life like the others do?" That's the thing I wasn't like 'the others' none of them were dying of an unknown disease.

"What's the point of pleading not to kill, me so I can waste away over the space of 4 pitiful months? There isn't."

"You rouges are all the same. You'll beg and plead for you life at any opportunity to kill innocent packs." It was at this moment I saw my opportunity, my way out.

"Yes. My family of rogues were all killed by your pack. They were all special and then they were killed. I'm here as an act of vengeance for all rouges you've killed, and if you don't let me go there will be hell to pay." I mustered up all my strength so I could move. Then I crouched down next to this stranger who now looked like he was going to explode.

He stood up and pushed me back, and I landed with a hard thud on the ground. Finally. I was so desperate for this, I'd just given up on everything. "You rouges just don't know when to quit do you?!?" With that he picked me up by my throat with his bare hands, but i didn't fight not once, my limp body acted like putty in his hands, wilding to his forceful clutches. I was so close.

"Do it! Before I tare everyone you love apart in front of your very eyes." It seemed like tormenting him was his motivation, the fuel to his fire, I saw my chance and now, I'm taking it.

"Shut up you disgusting mongrel!" I felt my body slam into a tree, it's rough, uneven bark jabbing my spine. The hand, currently holding me up, manage to squeeze out what little life I had left of me. What caught my attention was his eyes. What was once hazel were now were black and laced with torment and anger.

"Do it!" I managed to croak out with whatever air I could clasp onto. The man seemed to think, and for a millisecond his eyes showed hazel, but were quickly replaced with the black that once controlled them. This time there was no torment, only anger and I knew this was it.

No! Zara stop him!

Zoë. I had forgotten about her. I had forgotten that she would also be taken down by my actions, but she would also be freed by them. Zoë I'm sorry but it's better this way. If I am killed then there is more chance that the Moon Goddess will change things. Just make sure that you speak to her. Please... but zoë always remember that no matter what I won't blame you, and I will always miss you - my one and only true friend.

And with that I blocked her out of my head so she didn't see the events ahead. I looked out and saw the man, who now looked dead inside, snap and I felt his claws elongate against the back of my neck. My body was slipping into darkness as he squeezed so tightly that there was no room for air. I began my count down.
3, I shut my eyes so i could control the darkness.
2, my hands went limp as my body began shut down.
1-
"Stop!! What are you doi-"

________________________

Cliffhanger!!! Yay! So surprise🎉 I found sometime to write before the weekend.😂 Hope you enjoyed!
~Mia❤️
Thursday 14th December 2017