40 ~ Buried Alive

~ Zara's POV

I couldn't shake the fear of being buried alive. There's nothing to compare it too, because nothing was worse than that feeling. That you're never going to get out, and that no one would even know that you were alive.

My hands were shaking, and I found it harder to breath. Not only was I stuck 6ft underground! But I had only just come back to life like 5 hours ago! Holy shit, I was in there for like 5 hours! Why couldn't anyone hear me!

The crippling fear of being so... invisible was scary. I didn't know if I would ever get out of there, and if I would ever get to do what I was told by the moon goddess... and my mother.

"Zara... Zara. Zara!" The voice made me feel as if I was in a trance. Like I was waking up from a nightmare, if only it was  that simple.

"Zara how are you alive." Slowly I picked my head up and squinted my eyes from the blinding sun, until I was able to comprehend the figure in front of me. It was so hard to focus, it was like my brain was a jumbled up puzzle and no mater how hard I tried I couldn't complete it.

"Here, moon , alive, brother." Was all I could muster up, with my limited speech vocabulary. My eyes felt heavy and I just wanted to lay down.

"No, no, no. Zara you open those eyes. You're not dying yet, not when I just got you back!" That voice I recognise it. But it couldn't be, could it. I had to open my eyes to check and...

"Dean..." I whispered.

"Yeah, it's me, I back and I'm not leaving you again, and you're not leaving me either so come on." In one fell swoop I was in his arms. I was to exhausted to think about anything, I didn't care why he was back or where we were going, but I felt safe in his arms... Probably something to do with this stupid mate bond.

~ Dean's POV

She was back... she was alive! But how?

Does it matter how?

I guess not. After all, you did have her back, this time I wasn't letting her go, this time I was going to love her for as long as we both lived. That was a promise not just to her but also myself.

With her in my arms I felt like I could do anything. Like I could move mountains, and to be honest if she asked me to I would do it in a heart beat.

Her body was freezing by my warmth engulfed her like a blanket, whilst I walked towards alpha Zack's house. I didn't want to go back, I wanted to take her far away where it was just me and her, but I knew that it was the wrong thing to do.

It felt like what had been minutes was a few mere seconds until we were there. Unwilling I opened the door and was almost immediately bombarded with people.

"What are you doing?!? Are you insane!"

"Why did you dig her up?!"

"That's low, you might love her but this is wrong?!"

Jane, Kaelynn and Zack had quite clearly got the wrong idea, and I went to explain but what the hell would I say...

"She- um she's not... dead." They all threw me looks of disgust like I was insane. "I'm not lying!" Gently I rocked Zara until her piercing blue eyes met mine. "Zara... see her eyes are opening! She's not dead!" No one said a word instead they all looked in astonishment as Zara opened her eyes like a new born for the first time.

"I hate to be that guy but can we come in you know she was just buried alive and it's really cold out here..." I tried to joke to lighten the mood if at all possible, but still no one said anything they just took a step to the side and let me through the door.

Zack moved towards the door before frantically turning around and further observing Zara.

"How? What?! When?" Well I guess he finally said something sorta...

"Look I think we should let Zara rest. She just came back to life, I think, I'm not sure?"

"Um yeah. Here put her down on the sofa in front of the fire! Jane can you go get her some water?" Zack ordered.

"And some food?" I questioned.

"Yes and that." Zack was quite clearly freaking out from his pale complexion.

"Um sure..." Jane and Kaelynn both went off together, funny they've only just met and won't leave each other alone.

Gently I laid Zara on the warm couch and covered her in a blanket. Her eyes were only partially open like slits, and she had eye bags, and very pale skin making her look ill. You could see most of her bones, but none of that mattered because soon she was going to get better and I was going to help her...

__________________________

Hey guys! So she's not dead but we already know that🤷‍♀️😂

I just wanted to give you guys a big thank you! Especially to those who comment and vote, but even to the silent readers! I'm so very grateful that your still reading my book I know it's not perfect! So thank yoooouuuuuuu!!!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

~Mia❤️
Wednesday 9th May 2018