52 ~ The War to End All Wars (Part 1)

~ Zack's POV

"So our plan is to wait here. We know that they're about half an hour away by now, so that means we have enough time to hide ourselves and initiate the surprise attack-"

Bang.

I was interrupted by the door swinging open and shocking everyone in the room. "Zara I'm sorry but we are in an important meeting, the war could be anytime now, go down to the safe house."

"Dean I can't. I'm under strict orders from the moon goddess." Everyone around us gasped and some even snickered in disbelief.

"Why would the moon Goddess speak to you?" Alpha Kai spoke up.

"Alpha Kia I don't think-"

"No, no don't worry Zack I got this." She turned to Kai. "What's the matter am I not worthy?" She stated sarcastically. Oh, goddess what has he got himself into?

"Well for all I know you could be an omega." Three deep growls cane from the corner, I'm assuming one was Dean's but the other two seemed unfamiliar.

"Alpha Kai I suggest you stop talking right now for your own benefit."

"No I don't think I will omega." That was all it took to snap Zara over the edge her eyes were luminous, and her face were field with rage. The sight even scared me so I can't even comprehend how Kai felt. Well, I guess he deserve it.

Zara took a closer step to Kia but then suddenly, "Alpha! Alpha! They're nearby!" My third had barged in, shocking everyone in the room. His face had sweat droplets and he was noticeably out of breath. This was happening.

"How far." I stayed calm and collected there's no way we can win this if we are all going crazy.

"A couple of miles back. They have shifted so it shouldn't take them long to get here. What should we do Alpha."

All heads turned to me, looking for guidance that I had to give. "Right. Kia and Harold take your packs to the west of where we said we would go. Francis and Lorna take yours to the East and wait for the signal we discussed. That leaves Philip, Aadya, Valerie and Bree. You will all take your packs with mine going North. We will attack from all angles. No longer are we separate packs for this battle we are all one. Understood?"

"Yes Alpha."

...

Directions were given everyone was in place waiting. Zara was with us, I didn't want her to be, I wanted her where she was safe but no one could stop her. Even I knew that.

In the North it was quiet, but we would be the first to see any signs of them.

"Where are they?" Zara was growing impatient, her agitation once again getting the better of her.

"We can't know for sure but any minute now. Just calm down."

Suddenly the sound of wolves howling filled my ears. "It's time!"

"Dean I need to tell you something."

"Tell me after, we don't have time." She looked down the floor.

"Okay." She whispered.

If only I had let her finish...

~ Zara's POV

I guess this was going to be it, my last moments on Earth, best to use them beneficially.

We got this.

Yeah.

A small comforting exchange was all I needed to put things into focus. I'm doing this for them, and at least if I fall the rogues will be coming down with me.

I looked to my left and then to my right. A line of wolves all with one thing in mind, to serve and protect the world as we know it. Dean's brothers were here on the front row. I hadn't seen them much before, but now, seeing them up close, I realised how a like they looked.

It got to the point where the similarities pained me to look at. I didn't even want to look at Dean, I know it would've hurt too much.

I mentally slapped myself. I'm on the front line, there's no time for selfishness. Staring off into the distance I looked at anything that would distract me, however when I looked up I could see the faint silhouettes of several wolf packs heading our direction.

Their smell had travelled faster than them, the disgusting concoction of rotting flesh and smoke. It was as if the dead a had risen and were now charging towards us. "Charge!" Zack bellowed. We all ran as one, pasts forgotten, from then on we weren't people, we were weapons.

They were so close to us that I could almost taste victory. I had my eye on one rogue, tall and muscular but slow. Grey fur that had been stained brown from the lack of sanitation. It's a wonder how these mutts aren't extinct.

I was just about to reach him and chow down on his neck when... "Oh Zara! Long time no see sis." What did he just call me?

_______________________

I'm gonna start with, I am so so so so so sooooooo sooooooooo unbelievably sorry guys! I've had extreme writers block! It's been forever since I've update! Now this chaper was originally supposed to be the final butttttttt I wanted to publish something for you all! So in the mean time I will be hopefully finishing this chapter. Stay tuned for part 2!😂
~Mia❤️
Sunday 21st October 2018