.hit in the eye.

"If the feelings are mutual,
the effort will be equal."

🔸🔹

I woke up with the stupid ringing of my alarm

I woke up with the stupid ringing of my alarm. Rubbing my eyes, I saw the time and it showed six-thirty. I still have one and a half hour to get ready. Last night was cold, I had to cover myself with a duvet. I was feeling homesick for my old town, actually for my dad. I missed him and the fact that I couldn't sleep also occupied my head with thoughts.

Due to lack of sleep, I'm already having a lazy morning. But I've got to walk out, explore the town. After taking bath for ten minutes, I got dressed in black leggings and a white tee and wore black shoes matching my outfits.

It was the strangest autumn for time out of mind. I looked out of the window, the street road was wet. The scent of rain hung in the air as I watched the sky, now fully covered with blue colour. There was no sign of future rain for the day, it was a sunny day, yet I wore a beanie over my head and blue knee-length coat.

As I walked out of the room, checking on my Instagram feeds, I received a message from Lily

Hey, good morning, Sophia. Get ready for college, I will come to pick you from your place at 7:45.

I decided to reply.

Hey, Lily Good Morning.
I'm ready for college.
Going out for a walk.
You can pick me from
Ristretto Cafe down the street.

I hit the send button and as my all books were in my college locker, I didn't have to worry about handling and carrying the books there. Walking in the kitchen, I saw my mom sitting on the chair drinking her tea.

"Good morning, Mom." I flashed a smile.

"Good morning, Sweetheart."

"I'm going for a walk and will go to college with Lily, my friend. So ask Liam not to wait for me."

"You should have your breakfast. It is the healthiest meal of the day." She explained the importance of breakfast.

"I will grab something from the nearby cafe." I answered. She nodded. I hugged her and after doing the farewell, I walked out of the house. The warm weather of Bradford hit my face. I inhaled the air and started walking through the paths. The other people from around were jogging and some were with their pets. The path was alive with the hopping of small brown frogs no bigger than a dollar. I grinned and crouched down to watch them, hop away on the little flowers that grew on the side of the road.