.he is torn.

"And when he broke,
it was a miracle
he managed to find
all the pieces of himself
again in her arms."

-Kiera Cass

🔸🔹

After Marie left, I sat on the bed thinking where did I go wrong

After Marie left, I sat on the bed thinking where did I go wrong. How can I be rude to her? I know she never liked if someone spoke anything about her ex or her past, the same way I don't like when someone asked me why I smoked.

I know she cared, I could see that in her eyes. But being an asshole that I already am to her, I yelled at her. That change in her attitude towards me, concerns me more.

"Zayn, dear. What was all that? Sometimes I feel you both are starting to do well and the next moment I see you having an argument with her." Mom took a seat next to me.

I placed my head on her shoulder and she placed her hand on my shoulder's other side.

"I don't know, mom. Honestly saying I liked it when professor said that we have to work together for a project. I thought we could start it all fresh after what happened with Nathan. When in past, everyone else asked me to get close to her and start talking to her, I always was against that thought, but now I want to talk to her, I want to know her more." I explained. "And before this fight, she was jumping on my bed and then lost her balance and fell on bed with me on top of her. I even leaned to kiss her. Everything happened so fast that I couldn't understand a thing."

I called her a mistake, when all the time, she has been right about everything. She didn't ask me to get close to her, but I did. I just couldn't hold back my emotions. After what everyone said about us destined to be, things are messed up.

"You kissed her?" Mom asked sounding a bit happy.

"No. She pulled away. For a second she leaned in too. Mom, she is changing me to someone good. She drives me insane. She always yells at me, we fight but she has that effect on me that no other any girl ever had."

"What are you trying to say?" I know I'm as confused as mom. I myself don't know what I want and what I feel.

"Mom, I almost quitted smoking. But then again, she didn't talk to me for two days and I smoked. I like talking to her, no matter if that conversation ends up in fight. She smelled the smoke in my breathe and she was concerned. I could see that in her eyes. But I never liked when someone asked me why I smoke."

"Look dear, all I have to say is that she is different. I have always liked her. She is an original and unlike all the other girls, I have saw you with. She is the one, I would love to see you date. No matter you both fight, I know you will start a friendship someday."

"I saw how fragile she was when that guy tried to molest her. I know what she felt when she shared about it to me on that cliff. I saw how scared she was when she was with me in the dark forest. I saw how insecure she was to show her body with that scar on her stomach. Mom, I have never admitted this but I want to save her, from every pains, every sorrows. I want to be there when she needs someone to hold her. I just want her to be happy."