.the one who cared.

"When you seek happiness for others, you'll find it for yourself."

inzaynity_ from her book "Zoetry" ❤

🔹🔸

I woke up and realized the sun was out

I woke up and realized the sun was out. It was an early autumn morning and a frosty chill hung in the air. I let out a groan when something hurt my back. Opening my eyes, I found a crab almost clinging on my shoe. Holy Crab! If there is a beach near by, maybe we can walk to the beach to get away from the forest?  I stood up and threw that crab away with a branch of the tree.

I found Marie sleeping peacefully on the ground with my leather jacket covering her shoulder. How could she be so calm right now? Last night, she was afraid if she was going to lose her life and right now, she's snoring like a kid with no stress of the world.

I tried to wake her up. "Marie, wake up. The sun is out, we have to walk back to the tents. We have to get out of here." She didn't respond. When I touched her, I could only feel coldness. Her body was frost like she was took out of a cold storage. The fuck happened with her? She had my jacket, it would've kept her warm.

I tried again but she didn't wake up. That scared the shit out of me. I checked her pulse rate, normal. I tried to wake her again, but only failure hit me.

I picked her up and started walking through the forest. The trees were thick and old, roots were twisted. It might once have been filled with bird-song and animals that roamed. But now, it's glory was gone. I walked for almost fifteen minutes, but failed as the last night. This forest is like a labyrinth, leading you no where but losing the track even more.

I'm tired and thirsty. I want water, I'm not as strong as I was last night. But I have to keep walking or else we have to spend one more day here in forest and I'm sure, that will be the last one of our lives. No one can survive more than a day without water and food in a creepy forest like this. It felt like a scene from Wrong Turn. We fought, didn't follow the right path and that one wrong turn lead us here.

Didn't the others sense it already that we were missing and if they did, are they trying to find us?

I started walking again. Marie was not moving at all. I didn't even feel her weight on my hand. In fact, she is not at all heavy to be called a fat girl. Is she not taking her meals properly?

-----

Finally after struggling a lot, I found the way out of the hell. The happiness, the relaxation I felt, I haven't felt that in months. It was like I found the key to actual happiness that I've been looking for since forever.

I walked there tired, my legs crumbling, ready to give up anytime soon and found all the others gathered around a fallen tree. Everyone had a worried look, coaches were trying to explain something to Liam. It felt good to finally escape from the forest that could give us a miserable ending. I cannot describe how I feel right now, I've saved myself and Marie from the danger of dying.