Chapter Four

Chapter Four
(Angelinas POV)

While I was putting the washing into the washing machine I heard Zahara shouting from upstairs. "Mum, were are you?" "Baby, I'm downstairs what is wrong?"
I said back.

"You wont believe it but Veronica is here. But she is just about to leave again. I don't know why, we didn't do anything wrong." By now Zahara stood in front of me. "Shit!!!" I dropped the clothes I had picked up just a second ago and ran back upstairs.

I ran past the terrace and the pool. I saw two girls shouting at each other.

Oh what had I done? Veronica had such a hard time and now she is having a fight with her friend.

I heard what her friend just said to her: "What the hell just happened? Everything was totally fine. You did not even see your mother, for peet sakes!"

Veronica stood with her back pointed at me so that I could not see her face.

But when she spoke it hurt. I already felt responsible for everything I had done to her but her words cut my heart. I wasn't a person who often showed weakness. But in times like these ... "What do you think, hugh? What do you know about what I am going trough right now? Exactly, nothing!!! I just learned that I was adopted this fucking morning and that my mother is one of the most famous people on this planet. How do you think I feel? She gave me away and not to long after that she adopted a child. I have know idea what you think how I am feeling right now. You know what, I don't care."

She was right, I was the one giving her away. I am the one tearing apart everything she has right now. I did no know what to say. The only word my mind was thinking about, was her name.

"Veronica." My voice was shaking. I felt a tear running down my face.

I feared she would just get into her car and drive away, without letting me see her face for once in sixteen years.

But she didn't. She slowly turned around and looked at me with tearful eyes. Gosh she was beautiful.

We just stood there for a couple of seconds until I slowly approached her. I wanted to hug her and never let her go. I wanted to make things right between us so she would be happy being here. But as soon as I could see the emotions in Veronicas eyes, my hope sank. Her eyes were cold as ice. And what I first thought went tears of happiness were tears of hate and disappointment.

"Veronica, please let us talk. I ..." I wasn't able to continue. Veronica interrupted me as soon as I started to speak "You want to talk? You could have done that the last sixteen years of my life. But no you didn't. What you did instead, was raising a family with Brad. Adopting children from across the planet and getting kids of your own." Tears were streaming down her face. She was not only sad and hurt at this point, no she was just angry. "But wait a second. You started to build a family just a year after I was born? So why in gods name did you gave me away? Why didn't you keep me? What was so bad about me that I couldn't stay with you? Did you think I would only cost you a headache and sleepless nights? Is that the reason why you just throw me out of your live? And then after sixteen years you are coming back, putting a letter in our post asking me to meet you. Why did I even come here. I should have been able to see how this was going to end. "

My heart shattered into a million pieces. "I ... I wanted a better life for you. And I thought that you would get that somewhere else, not living with me. I had problems ..."

Veronica took a few steeps towards me standing right in front of me. "Problems? You had problems? Let me guess, I was you PROBLEM. I know that money would never be a problem for you. And a roof over your head wouldn't be a Problem as well! There is not really anything else I could imagine as a problem standing between you raising me."

I was about to say something but she interrupted me,  again: "No. Don't even try!"

She quickly turned around and ran to her car, got in and drove of. As soon as the rear of her car disappeared everything just broke apart. Even the ground underneath my feet.

I fell down on my knees and had one hand covering my eyes and the other one holding me, so that I would not completely fall on the hard ground. I cried hard, I didn't care if anyone close could hear me. I was just sitting there on the ground, still processing whay just happened.

Suddenly two strong arms wrapped around me and pulled me up on my feet. I instantly knew that it was Brad. He pulled me against his body and held me tight. I rapped my arms around him and cried into his shirt. He kissed me on my head, trying to calm me down.

"Sschhhh. It's gonna be okay. She will forgive you at some point. She is your daughter. She is just as stubborn and hard headed as her mother." Even trough I was crying I had to smile, but it was only for a second. Of course Brad noticed it. "That's my girl. Lets get you inside."

I was about to go with him when I remembered Veronicas friend still standing there, with no ride home. "Brad, wait a second."

I stopped him and went to her friend. "Hi, I hope you two will be okay. Here is some cash for a taxi. I am sorry but I wont be able to drive you home. I hope you don't mind."

She smiled a bit. "Thank you. It's fine. I'll try to talk to Veronica. But it's difficult to talk to her when she is like this." I had to smile a bit. "I can imagine, she is my daughter. I wasn't any different back then. Help her. I know how hurt she is right now, and that she needs a good friend by her side. Uhmm ... can I have your phone for a sec? I want to give you my number." She looked at me a little confused, but than she gave me her phone. I quickly gave her my Information and saved it. "Okay. Please text me when you know she is save and fine. And also please don't give this number to anyone."

She nodded and started to walk away.

I felt Brad approaching behind me, and rapping his arm around my waist. "Do you think I will talk to her again?"

"Of course I do. I also believe that you two will talk again sooner than you might imagine." I closed my eyes and leaned my head against him, hoping he was right.