Chapter Ten

Veronica POV
It was getting late. We had talked for hours and hours. The kids went upstairs at some point.
When Angelina and I were alone we talked about each other's pasts. Talking about her mom, her dad and even a little about her relationship with Brad. She told me her worries and her fears. If she was able to protect her kids from the media enough or if she was just not good being a mother to six. She apologized for telling that because of what she'd done when she left me.
I assured her that all of that was in the past and that now we might have a fresh start.
"Thank you." She said after a brief moment of silence.
I looked at her with ask all irritated smile. "For what?"
"For giving me a chance." Angelina leaned forward and hugged me. I was surprised at first. Soon I slung my arms around her.

Angelina POV

When I felt my daughters arms around me I was able to take a deep breath.
However our moment was ruined when my phone rang. We broke the embrace when I picked up the ringing phone and took the call.

Dialog (Angelina) (Caller)

Hello?

Angelina is that you?

Who am I talking with?

Veronica's Dad

What do you want?

Is Veronica with you? I need to talk to her. Now please. Something terrible happened.

Fine...

I gave Veronica my phone and said "It's your "dad". He said it is urgent?"
She nodded with an annoyed face and put the phone to her ear.

(Veronica)
Yeah?

Veronica. It's your mum. She had a car accident.

There was a moment of silence. Veronica just froze until she saw my worried filled face.

What happened?

She tried to find you. So she drove around LA stressed and freaked out when suddenly a truck hit her from the side.

Where is she now?

She's in the Hospital. I'll send you the address and meet you there.

I'll be there as soon as possible.

Could you get Angelina back on the phone please?

She gave the phone to me.

This is Angelina.

Please get Veronica to the Hospital savely I don't want her driving.

Will do.

With that I ended the call and turned back to Veronica. It was like she looked into space. She had tears in her eyes threatening to fall. I tried to calm her but as soon as my hand touched her shoulder she sprang up and screamed at me: "This is all your fault. If you hadn't written the letter this would have never happened. It's all your fault!!!"
Tears were now running down her cheeks. I stood up and tried pulling her into a hug but she fought me off.
"No. Leave me alone... please..." Her last words came out as whimpers.
She gave in so I pulled her close to me and gently rubbed her back. Quiet sobs where heard.
"We have to leave for the Hospital. Come"
Veronica only nodded and followed me when I walked to the staircase.
"Zahara!"
Only seconds later my daughter cane running down the stairs. "Yeah. What is it?"
"Veronica and I need to leave. Would you be so good and watch the twins. I'll call Brad on the way to let him know."
She looked at Veronica worried what might have happened. "Of course. Drive save."
I gave her a kiss on her forehead. "Thank you. Love you."
Veronica and I left for the garage when I heard Zahara yell back "Love you too Ma."

When we reached the garage I walked towards my black Jaguar F-Type. Veronica looked at me unsure but smiled a little when I pointed her towards the passenger door.
Soon after the gate opened and we left for the Hospital.