Chapter Twelve

Angelina POV

Veronica's words cut me deep. It almost felt like she plunged a knife though my heats and twisted it a few times.
I walked out of the elevator with my sunglasses on. I had no intentions that people would recognize me today.
I walked towards the entrance when I noticed many people standing I front the glass door.
My fear became true. Someone recognized me and peeled it into Social media or similar. 

I quickly turned around and looked for a back exit. Gladly I found one which headed right towards the car park. 
As I exited the building I walked towards my Jag.

Nobody noticed me driving away.
When I reached my home I parked the car and walked inside.
I expected to hear kids screaming and running around but it was dead silent.

I walked towards the kitchen to see if they were in the garden.
My thought was right. All six of them were playing ball with our nanny Hannah.

Steps approached me and I knew it was Brad.
"Hey" I turned around and answered. "Hey."
"Is everything alright? Is Veronica okay?"
I noticed that I was still wearing my jacket and sunglasses. I took them off and told brad what happened except for the last part that had happened.
"Omg Angie what happened you look exhausted."
I looked at the floor. Scared what that the words might not come out.
"She hates me. She hates me so much. Veronica blames me for what happens to Joslin. And she is wright. I it wasn't for me Veronica wouldn't have stayed here and Joslin wouldn't have come looking for her."

Brad took me in a warm me into a warm embrace.
"You know that it's not your fault."
"But where did I go wrong to have her end up like that... hating me."
I started to calm myself in his arms as he spoke.
"She is a emotional mess right now. I'm pretty sure that as soon as she said those words to me was was shocked herself. Don't worry she didn't mean anything she said."
"Why do you so much. It's freaking me out."
Brad laughed quietly. "Well maybe" He turned his head and looked at me. "Because she is your daughter and is just like you. You too become an emotional mess sometimes."
I giggled and kissed him. "I love you."
"I love you too."

We turned around looking out of the window what hung our children.
"We are so lucky." I took a deep breath and just nodded in response. 'Yes we are' I thought.

Veronica POV

We stayed in the hospital till late in the night. The nurse came in and told us we had to leave in an hour.

Joslin hadn't woken up yet. I calculated how much time we had left until the 24 hours were up. We had less than twenty hours.

Mark was outside sitting on one of the chairs. He had a hard time coping with our situation.

I had almost fallen asleep when I heard a moving sound. I immediately opens my eyes and looked at Joslin.
Her eye lids where moving slowly.
"Mum?"
Her eyes opened and looked around the room. "You are in the hospital. You had a bad car accident."
She looked at me and nodded slightly. I took her hand in mine. "Are you going to be okay?"
She looked at me with a warm look in her eyes.
"Sit down honey."
I obeyed her and sat down at the bed side. "I want you to listen to me." I just nodded and she continued.
"I'm sorry for worrying you so much. I just freaked when you were gone. I'm so sorry for never telling you. We wanted but we didn't want to hurt you. I love you so much."
"No, no, no don't say that. It's sounds like goodbye. You can't leave me. Please mommy." Tears streamed down my face onto our hands.
"Oh sweetie. I'm so sorry. Take care of your self and please make sure Mark isn't going to kill himself." She had tears running down her cheeks as well. I couldn't look her in the eye. It was so painful seeing someone saying their last words in front of you.
"Baby look at me." I felt her hand on my cheek pushing my face gently upwards so I would look at her. "Forgive Angelina. I'm sure she is an amazing person and an even better mother. Learn to love and trust her."
Her words where only whispers.
"I will always be with you."
She looked behind me and smiled weekly. She then closed her eyes and took a last shaky breath. Her heart stopped beating.
I just screamed.
"No. Come back. I need you!"
I grabbed her hand but felt no response. Her chest stopped moving. The skin was turning white.
My world lost its color. Everything turned grey.

I looked behind me to see Mark standing there with wet eyes. His face was stone cold. There was no emotion. He had lost the woman he had loved for 22 years. A minute past before he just turned around and left the room. Nurses started running around and trying to get her heart beating again but it was clear that nothing in this world could bring my mother back.