Chapter Eighteen

Angelina POV

In this moment there was Peace. For the first time ever I was there for Veronica. I was there to hold her close.
"It's okay honey. I'm here."
She had her arms wrapped around my waist.

"Thank you." She said after she stopped crying.
"For what?"
"For being her. For not turning your back on me."
Right when you think that the waterworks are done tears started to form in my eyes.
"I would never turn my back on you."

I looked at her. She sat up again and looked me in the eyes with a shy smile.
"You are crying. The Hollywoods bad girl Angeline Jolie is crying. I thought that was was impossible."
Veronica tried to pull a joke but that just made my tears roll down faster.
"Oh gosh. I'm sorry."
She hugged me tightly. I laughed a little. "Don't be. I'm okay."
She pulled away and pulled her hoodie up again.
"I believe we should leave."
"Yeah. Good idea."
We stood up and walked out of the diner leaving behind a 20 dollar bill.

We walked to the car park. I pulled out my car keys when I realized that Veronica would be driving her own car.
So I turned around. "Let's go home?!"
"Ehm. Yeah about that. I was ..."
I didn't let her finish. "You were planning on leaving town. Sorry honey not gonna happen."

She looked at me unsure. "But ..."
"No buts. You will be living with me."
"Is there even enough space for me at your house?"
I smiled. "Of course. You can even have your own room."

"What about Brad, Maddox, Pax and everyone else? Do you really believe that they would be cool with me moving in?"

"I know for sure that Vivienne is going to be thrilled. And Jac as well. Don't worry about it. Once they all get to know you they will love you as much as I do. Though I'm pretty sure that that's impossible."

I looked at my daughter. She laughed at my comment and agreed.
"Alright I'll follow you."

"Lovely." I exclaimed before walking towards my car and getting in.

Veronica POV

Was this a good idea? Should I really move in with Angelina. I didn't know her very well.
But going back wasn't an option either. So why not. I didn't have anything to lose.

I got into my Challenger and started the engine. I could see Angelinas black car in my rear view mirror. She was driving a black Jaguar F Type.
Not my type but definitely a lovely car to have fun with.
I back out of the parking spot and followed Angelina.

The highway was pretty empty to my surprise. Which was a perfect opportunity for me to test my car. Angelina apparently had a similar idea. She moved her car in to the line next to me and looked at me expectingly.

I nodded. Sure of what to do next. She held three fingers up and counted down.

3
2
1

I hit the gas pedal to the ground and shifted. Angelina was in front of me. I wasn't surprised. She was an incredible driver. But I would never give up that easy.

Slowly I was able to get closer to her again. Though I knew that I got the limit of my car. I gave her a signal and she slowed down.

As she was driving next to me again we looked at each other with a huge smile on her face.

Then she to of to drive in front of me again. We soon went of the highway and drove to her Mansion.