Chapter Seventeen

Veronica POV

Then the front door of the Café opened and now one else then Angelina Jolie walked inside.

I felt relieved knowing that she came.

She walked up to us and looked at the pervert next to me.
"I believe she told you to leave."

He kept his eyes on me not bothering to look up.
'If he only knew' I thought to myself.

"None of your business. So shut up and get lost."

I took a peek at Angelina who was looking at me worried. I had a slight smile on my face because I knew what was going to happen.

Angelina gripped the mans shirt and pulled him on his feet.

"It is my business when you are talking to my daughter. And since your ugly ass is trying to get her to sleep with you I would suggest, that you to get the fuck lost."
She spat at the guy.
To be honest when I saw the pure hate and disgust in my Mothers eyes I got scared myself.
She is one fearless and powerful woman.

The man was shocked at her actions. And when he saw Angelina standing in front of him his eyes widened in disbelief.
He could probably imagine in what trouble he would be getting himself into if he continued anything. That if he is lucky.

"Alright I'm sorry. I really am. Please don't call the cops. I have a kid at home."

"And that kid? Do you rape that one two?"

She let him go when he shock his head. "No of course not."

"Get out. You disgust me. If I ever see your fucking face again I'm gonna ruin your pathetic life. You hear me."

He nodded and literally ran out of the Café with his friend close behind.

Angelina shot them one last glare and then turned towards me.
She slipped into the booth sitting next to me.

Before she could say anything I started talking.
„Thank you for making that guy go away. I didn't want to punish him and make a scene."

"He didn't touch you, did he?"

"No. He didn't."

There was a small moment of silence. I didn't look at her so she wouldn't have to see my face.

I felt her hand suddenly on my shoulder making my turn my head a little in her direction. She wasn't able to see my entire face but I was sure she could make out the blue purple colored skin surrounding my left eye.

"Veronica. Please look at me."

I was scared that she would turn away from me as soon as she would see my face. I was afraid that she would leave when she saw my ugly face.
But if I didn't?
I decided to do it anyway. What was there to lose? I was planning on leaving anyways.

"Here goes nothing." I whispered when I moved my hands to remove the hoodie from my head.

I moved my head toward Angelina but left my eyes on the floor.

A soft hand on my jaw. Her thumb caressing my cheekbone.
"Oh baby. I'm so sorry." 
She carefully pushed my head up so I would look at her.
A tear ran down my face when I looked her in the eyes.

Angelina POV

There was so much fear in her eyes. I wiped the tear away that was making its way down my daughters beautiful face.
I tried giving her an reassuring smile. 
"It's okay honey."

More tears fell down her cheeks.
I quickly moved closer and pressed her against my chest.
She cried for a little while into my shirt.