Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

(Veronica POV)

When Vivienne wanted us to do a group hug I was super insecure. Would Angelina be okay with it ore not? I wanted to. I really did. I wanted us to get closer and to know each other.

So I looked at Angelina. She had tears in her eyes but smiled at the same time. I got closer and laid my arm around Vivienne and Angelina. When I felt the arm of my biological mother around my waist holding me close I shut my eyes and whispered so only she would hear it: "I forgive you."
That moment all sorrow was gone. There was only relieve and happiness. It felt like family. I always wanted a younger sister. I was thinking about what I would do next. Would I want to live with Angelina and Brad at some point ore would I even be allowed to come to their place sometimes?

I wanted to hug both of them longer but a deep growl let us pull away from each other. I was almost expecting Jacques in front of us, being jealous no being included in the group hug but when I looked towards the ocean my mouth dropped open. There was a huge black cloud coming towards us. It looked like a wall spreading across the ocean. You could see some lightning shooting into the water. It was the scariest thing I have seen nature doing. Not even the bush fires were that creepy.

I wasn't sure what to do exactly. But then I looked to Angelina who still had Vivienne in her arms. She looked worried in the direction which they came from earlier.

I knew what she was looking at, at least I thought so. She was searching for her car. So I asked where it was. She answered with a worried voice: "Almost a mile away. We wont make it." An idea came into my head. I could drive them, my car wasn't that far away. We would be able to reach it before the storm would hit the land.

"Come with me. My car is standing just a minute away. I can give you a lift." Angelina nodded. And we quickly started walking away from the beach. I took Jacques leach to guide him. When we felt rain drops on our skin we started running faster. The Challenger came into sight and I shouted: "There it is take Vivienne on your lap its saver for her."

When we reached the car I got my keys out and unlocked the car. We quickly got into the car and looked outside. We were still catching our breath when the rain started poring down on us like crazy. I giggled and said to the two sitting next to me: "That was close. Puhh ... way to close!" Vivienne smiled at me but Angelina still looked outside with a worried look in her eyes. "Okay lets get you to your car."

Angelina looked at me and nodded. I looked in the review mirror and saw Jacques sleeping. He was such a good dog. I would love to take him out sometimes. I'm sure he would give a prefect protector dog.

I started the engine and drove myself back on the street. We only drove two minutes or so when Angelina told me to go left into a small path. I did what she told me and after a few meters a small parking space was visible. But no car. It seams like someone stole it or were just in the wrong place. "Are you sure you parked it here?" I asked Angelina. She was looking around. "Yes. Absolutely."

We were silent for a second. "I will just call a cab. You can let us out at the street."

I already knew that Angelina was an extremely proud woman, still I would not let her stand alone with Vivienne and Jacques, when the train is poring down like that. The risk of getting an infection was quite high in this kind of weather. "No I wont."

Angelina looked at me with a confused look: "Pardon me?"

While I talked I was reversing the car out of the small path onto the road. "I won't let you guys stand in the rain waiting for a cab to bring you home when I could do the exact same thing."

"Veronica you really don't have to do this." She put her hand on my shoulder.

"Maybe ... but I want to." I looked at Vivienne who had a smile on her face. "I wouldn't miss a chance spending time with you."

Angelina smiled and pulled her hand back. "Thank you."

(Angelina POV)

We were now sitting in Veronica's car. Vivienne on my lab and Jacques sleeping in the back. I was surprised that Veronica wouldn't let us take a cab. I guess her adoptive parents did an awesome job.
We were driving about ten minutes when I felt Viv's head on my chest. I looked down and found my youngest daughter asleep. My heart melted as I saw her like that. What would I possibly do without them? I started thinking. Would Brad and I still be together?

There were times in the past were we almost broke up but we had to remind ourselves that we had a responsibility to our children. I never wanted them to grow up like I did. I loved my mum because of what she had sacrificed for me and my brother.
But my father. We never grew close. Once we almost did when we shoot Tomb Raider but after that it only got worse. He accused me in front of the world. My own father. Since that day I swore myself that I never wanted to get any close to that monster again. We saw each other sometimes. But we never talked. I let the kids see him sometimes but that happens rarely.

I don't want my kids to have such a bad relationship to Brad. I knew the best way to make sure that that never happens is if we stay together. And thank god we did.

I looked over to Veronica and smiled. She noticed it and looked at me for a second before her eyes went on the road again. "What is it?" She asked with a giggle.

"I was just thinking ...