Chapter Five

Chapter Five:

(Veronicas POV)

At Angelinas house it got to much for me. I could not handle all what was happening in that moment. Angelina crying in front of me, my siblings who welcomed me into the family, even if they only knew me for a couple of seconds, and that I maybe just lost by best friend.

The only way I could escape everything for at least a moment was to leave that place. Else I might have just cradled myself into Angelinas arms and maybe even forgave her for whay she did to me in the past. But that was not how I wanted it to be, easy.
It was so hard for me to go to her place and to stand in front of her. To see my real mother for the first time. Of curse I knew that she had good intentions and wanted to say sorry for what she did and I knew that that was what I wanted too. But I was so hard, to let a person which you have never meet before, except as your mother. I don't even know her. But Angelina wasn't my only concern.
I wondered if Jane was okay. It was so selfish to just leave her at Angelinas house. Hopefully she was able to get a ride home and had some cash with her.

After I left I went to the beach. The ocean would always help me to get my mind clear of things.
I looked up into the evening sky, a tear running down my face. Loneliness was my only companion. I was sitting on the cold sand. I shivered. I only had my sweater on which wasn't the best protection against the cold wind which was coming from the ocean.

Yesterday I didn't had a clue where I should go, I couldn't turn up at my old home and also not at Jane's after what I had done to her. So I decided to drive to the beach. The cold breeze and the sound of the waves rolling on to the sand was in a way relaxing.

I never exactly knew why I loved the ocean so much, it maybe was something I got from my biological mother. I decided to get up and go for a walk near the water line.

(Angelina POV)

After Veronicas friend left, Brad lead me to the terrace were all our kids waited. When they saw my face they got concerned if I was okay. Brad looked at them, and gave them a signal that it was okay and that he would explain later.

We got inside when Brad started to talk: "I will talk to the kids later. First you should get some rest. I will make dinner tonight and bring the kids to bed."

"Thanks Honey." He kissed me on my temple. "Your welcome!" We got upstairs and went into our bedroom. He helped me to get into some more comfortable cloth and than piked me up bridal style. I squealed and giggled a bit. Brad carried me to our bed and let me down so I would lay on my side. He then jumped over me and laid down on his side. I crawled up to him and laid my head down on his chest. His arms rapped around me and pulled me even tighter against his body. I was so exhausted from what was happening today, so that I started to drift into a restless sleep. Last thing I heard before I completely drifted of was Brad whispering: "I love you. I always will."

A few hours later I woke up when I felt movement on the bed. "Mommy?", a sweet voice said. It was Vivienne. Without opening my eyes I replied: "Yes, sweety?" Viv was crawling over to me to lay down next to me under the bed cover. "Is Veronica going to visit us again?"I opened my eyes and looked at her. I didn't gave an answer right away. I wasn't sure about that myself. "I hope so. Why are you asking?"

She pushed herself into my arm, I replied with rapping my arms around her. "I like her. She's kind and friendly. I think you have to talk to her so she will come back."

"I will sweety. I will..." There was a few minutes silence until Vivienne asked: "Can we go to the beach tomorrow? Just you and me?"

"Okay but we will take Jac. Now lets get downstairs. I smell food and I'm really hungry and if I don't eat soon I think I will start to eat your little arms!" Vivienne started to scream, when I tickled her. "Mommy stop ... please!!" I laughed and got out of the bed. Viv was standing on the bed asking me to take her on my back. "Hold on monkey!!" We laughed while going downstairs to see what Brad did for dinner.
As soon as we reached the living room, Vivienne jumped of my back and ran to her siblings. I was heading into the kitchen, where Brad was.

"That smells delicious, Babe." I said while I was coming up behind him. He turned towards me and put his arm around my shoulder. "Slept well?"

I was taking in the scent of the food which Brad was preparing for the family before I answered him. "To be honest I actually did. I am not sure how I managed it to fall asleep so easily after today." I remembered the look on Veronica's face shortly before she turned around and steeped into her car. She was angry, what I could understand but there was more in that look, like she was scared. But was she scared of me ore something else?

After we ate all together, which was hard to manage with six kids who had all a mind of there own, they put all of their dishes into the dishwasher. Brad and I cleaned the rest and then went upstairs. We said goodnight to all the kids and got ready for bed ourself. We didn't talk much when we stood in the bathroom but it wasn't an uncomfortable silence.

When we got into bed we cuddled up together, wishing each other goodnight. I could hear that Brad was soon falling asleep but couldn't. Maybe I just didn't need to any more ore my head was just to full with thoughts. After a while just laying there thinking, I carefully got up, trying not to wake Brad, when I decided to go outside. I loved to lay in the grass listening to all the small insects crawling around making there weird but relaxing sounds. It was a little cold for that but there still were some other things to lay down on.

I quickly got a black ACDC sweater from Brad and a pair of leggings. It was not exactly warm outside so I took an extra blanket to lay on. I got outside and went to the pool where a few chairs stood, to lay down on. I picked one in the middle, laid down and wrapped the blanket around me.

There I was, laying in the cold of the night looking up at the stars and wondering what my oldest daughter was doing right now.