Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

(Angelina POV)

She let Vivienne down and took small steps toward me. It was a huge relief to see happiness in her eyes instead of hatred. I too took few step towards Veronica until we stood a meter apart from each other. She began to speak "I am so sorry about how I behaved yesterday. I don't know what got into me. It was such an overwhelming situation. Your kids welcoming me like we actually knew each other. And than Jane shouting at me. I knew that she was right about me, how dumb I acted. And than there was you. I was so insecure that moment and knew if I stayed I would probably cradled myself into your arms and just let go of everything. But I couldn't so I left. Can you forgive me for that?"

Her words were so touching. I would never be mad at her for what she did the other day. She had the right to be mad at me even for the rest of her life. But she wasn't, she was asking me to forgive her for practically nothing. "Oh sweety. You have done nothing wrong. I have put you trough so much. I can barely look at myself in the mirror. Since the day Joslin and Mark took you I was a different person. Your granddad put so much pressure on me and told me over and over again that I had to give you away if I wanted to proceed my relationship with him and mom. He always piked career before family. That's the reason your grandmother left him. She never wanted me to give you away but she thought that I would might worsen my addiction toward drugs. She knew how stressful it could be to raise a kid on your own. I took a lot of drugs brow I wad pregnant with you. I wasn't able to hold myself together while I was pregnant with you. But after you had gotten a new home I couldn't help it but to take again.

Your grandmother was the only person standing by my side. She helped me to leave drugs and alcohol behind be. It was around that time I left my boyfriend. He had very bad influence on me. From there on it got better. I got clean and was able to handle myself again. But I never forgave myself what I had done to you. You don't have to forgive me. Take your time. Maybe some day we can start a relationship if you want to."

Veronica looked at me with warmth and in her eyes "I don't want to get to know you some day..." I raised my eyes from the ground and looked. Her words felt like someone stabbed me in my heart and twisted the knife a few times. But apparently she wasn't finished "I would love to get you to know now! What you have done maybe wasn't the best choice but it can't be changed anymore. I am happy that we at least get to meet each other. I would guess my adoptive parents would have never told me that you were my biological mother."

"I don't want to lose you again." I had tears rolling down my face. Vivienne was now looking at us with worried eyes running towards me. "Mommy why are you crying? Are you hurt?"

I had to smile a bit when I heard what my youngest just said. "No sweety. Mommy is just overwhelmed. Don't worry okay? " Vivienne raised her arms to let me know that she wanted to be piked up. I did as she asked and wiped the tears of my face.

Vivienne pressed her head against my shoulder and whispered. "I love you mommy!"

"I love you too, sweety!" Veronica had a big smile on her face when she watched us having our mother daughter moment. Vivienne noticed her too and loudly said in excitement: "Group hug!"

I looked at Veronica asking her if she was okay with it. She just grinned and came closer to hug me and Vivienne. I rapped my arms around her. She whispered in my ear so only I would hear: "I forgive you."

It was the most reliving moment in my life. Pure happiness streamed trough my whole body. I never wanted to let go of the two. It felt like time was frozen. For one moment everything was perfect. My oldest and youngest daughter in my arms, sharing this moment together with no body else around.

Vivienne quietly ask: "Is Veronica now part of the family?" I grinned as I said: "I think that is something you have to ask her herself."

Vivienne and I now both looked to Veronica who had a shy but sweet smile on her face. "If that is what you want than yes!"

Vivienne screamed of joy and hopped into Veronicas arms. We laughed all together until we notice a loud growl coming from the ocean. I turned around to see what it was and was shocked. Veronica too saw what was coming towards us. We had to leave he beach. Only problem was that my car was standing almost a mile away and we barely had enough time to reach it until it was to late. Veronica asked "Were is your car standing?"

"Almost a mile away. We wont make it." I wasn't sure what to do ...

"Come with me. My car is standing just a minute away. I can give you a lift." I nodded. We started to run to Veronica's car. A few raindrops hit the sand. I knew we had to hurry if we wanted to make it until ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that I didn't update. School is just killing me. A lot of exams are written in the moment so sorry about that.

Anyway hope you like the new chapter. Let me know what you think in the comments and feel free to vote on the story.

Thank you for 200 reads. I know it might not seem much, but it definitely is for me.

Love

RR🍁