10.

"The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury."

-Marcus Aurelius

10.

"All units radio check." I say into the talkie. It's been only fifteen minutes since Roan agreed to talk to Clarke and I could tell everyone was getting impatient, especially the grounders which was my main concern.

"Unit one," I say.

"Unit one, check." One of the guards confirm.

"Unit 2."

No reply.

"Unit 2. Riley, where are you?" I ask into the walkie. I point my scope towards where I had it last but he's not in his position. I look to Monty next to me and it seems we both realize what's happening when our eyes go wide.

"Shit." I say slowly backing away from the edge and standing up near the treeline so the grounders won't see me and start to worry. Monty follows me.

"Costa, you got eyes on Riley?" Monty asks into his talkie.

"He went to take a leak." I shake my head.

"How long ago?" I ask into mine.

"Not too long ago."

"Did he take his rifle?" I ask again worry starting to fill my body rapidly like wild fire.

"Negative. He took it with him. But he did leave his radio."

"Damn it!" I yell. Monty looks at me waiting for orders that I don't have.

"All units, keep your eyes on the target. If they fire, you fire. Otherwise, do not shoot. I'll be back." I say into the talkie. I nod to Millers dad to take control.

"What are you going to do?" Monty asks me.

"He's going to try and kill Roan. I need to stop him."

"You'll never make it past the army." Harper says from her position.

"I have to try. If he kills Roan, we're all dead anyways." I explain. I take off my rifle from my shoulder and hand it to Monty.

"I know there's no talking you out of this. Just be smart, stay safe." Monty says and I nod.

I quickly make my way down the rocks on the other side and once I'm at the bottom they notice me and I can hear their bows stretching ready to let go on me any minute. I raise my hands to show I'm no threat. Bellamy looks scared along with Kane, which is understandable because there's nothing stoping Echo from killing me right now if she really wanted to.

"I'm unarmed. I need to talk to whoever's in charge." I say as I walk closer. I can only assume Echo is in charge which will make this a lot harder. One of the grounders grabs me and leads me over to Echo who stands by Bellamy and Kane. Bellamy nods his head at me. He knows I wouldn't do this without having a reason and I know he believes in me.

The grounder pushes me to the ground in front of Bellamy and Kane. I grit my teeth from the impact.

"Hey!" Bellamy yells at him but the grounder ignores him.

"Take it easy. I came unarmed, there's no need for that." I say.

"Is Octavia alive?" Bellamy whispers to me as I kneel. I nod my head with a small smile. He looks so relieved and I can only imagine he thought she was dead.

"Speak." Echo says coming to stand over me.

"One of our people has moved out of formation. I have reason to believe he's trying to kill your king." I explain.