19.

"Welcome to the new age."

- Radioactive, Imagine Dragons

19.

"You want to go back up into space?" I ask Clarke as Monty drives like a bat out of hell to get to Raven. We're not too far out and he makes sure to carefully watch the terrain.

"Yes, Raven was working on it, I think with a bit of time she can make it happen. She was fixing up the rocket when we left and she was so close." She explains. I bite my lip. Going back up into space seemed like a stretch. But I know if anyone can get us there it's Raven.

Everyone stayed silent. Were we really going to go back up? Was it really going to work? A million questions ran through my mind until finally Monty jerked to a stop.

"We're here." We all hop out as fast as we can, even wearing our suits it wasn't that best idea to stay out here for long and time was ticking. We step into the building. Everything was so white and pristine. We all follow Clarke and we stop at the railing. Raven stands up from where she's sitting and she looks confused. She also looks like she's been crying. I look at the time on the big screen behind her, of course with so little time left she thought we weren't coming.

"What are you guys doing here?" She questions us. We all take off our helmets and Bellamy is the first to walk down the stairs to her and we follow suite.

"We weren't going to leave you behind." He says and pulls her in for a hug.

"But we won't make it back to the bunker in time." She says.

"We're not going to the bunker. We're going up." Clarke smiles at her and places a hand on her shoulder.

"Space? But we don't have enough fuel to get down." She states.

"Sounds like a five year problem to me." Harper intervenes. Five years... five whole years in space without my dad, or Miller, or anyone else back in the bunker. It was a little hard to swallow.

"How about food? Water? Oxygen?" She asks.

"They left a water reclamation there and we know that go-sci has an algae farm." Clarke explains.

"As for oxygen I'm praying there's an oxygenator there." Monty adds. Hearing the details made my head spin, none of this was full proof. None of this had a high chance of working but there wasn't any other way.

"So, what do you say?" I ask her. She crosses her arms and looks at the screen counting down.

"I say that death wave can kiss my ass."

"Then it's settled. We're going back to the ark."

"Hey, Monty got the radio to work. Octavia is waiting." I tell Bellamy from where he's standing looking at some of the screens that contain the atmosphere's danger level.

He turns to look at me and nods. I grab his hand in mine and squeeze before letting it go as he walks upstairs to the room he can talk in. After him I was hoping to say a quick goodbye to my dad and Clarke wanted to talk to her mom before too. Either this wasn't going to work or we aren't going to see them for five years, either way we wanted to say goodbye. After ten minutes I go up the room to see how Bellamy was doing. I walk in and he looks up with a solemn expression.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He stands up from the couch.

"The radio died. You won't be able to say goodbye to your dad. I'm sorry." His words send a stab to my heart, I can feel my nose burning from wanting to cry but I keep it contained. I nod.