17.

"I'd rather die than to live in a world that doesn't have you in it."

17.

The horn bellows throughout Polis signifying the start of the conclave. Me and Bellamy share a look as we faintly hear shouts from below the tower. In front of us were thirteen lit torches each representing the thirteen different clans. We were told when one of the warriors died they would put out the flame and that would mean the end for that nation. There were a few people here from each clan, each of us praying it wouldn't be our flame put out first or at all. Not even twenty minutes have passed when Gaia, the flamekeeper and Indra's daughter walks in from the balcony.

"Gael kom Ingranronakru, yu gonplei ste odon." The other flamekeeper puts out their flame and then walks down the row. My heart pounds harder in fear of him putting out our flame, I don't know if it was more because I didn't want Octavia to die or because it meant we all were going to.

"Please don't be her." Bellamy says under his breath and grabs my hand in his, I squeeze to try to comfort him. I sigh in relief once the flamekeeper puts out the torch next to ours. But then I realize who is out of the game. Trikru. I look to Indra and she looks scared and shocked, Gaia as well as she looks at her mom. She walks to her and Gaia lunges at her to hug her. Indra has tears in her eyes as Gaia quietly sobs. I bite my lip and look away. It hits me hard when I realize that it's not just Indra I care about from Trikru. Mikel and Eliza. The sudden urge to find them overcomes me. I try to release my grip from Bellamy's but he holds on.

"What are you doing?" He questions me.

"I have to find Mikel and Eliza." I plead.

"They could be anywhere, it's not exactly safe right now to be wondering off." He explains as Kane walks up to us.

"He's right, Taylor. Once everyone starts to learn of each kru being eliminated it's going to be chaos." Kane comments and I huff.

"What am I suppose to do? They just...their not..." I try to string my words together but the a wave of emotion hits me and my head gets clouded.

"Hey, we'll find them when this is over. We'll be saying goodbyes or..." Bellamy trails off and shakes his head as if trying to rid the thought from his head.

"Let's go watch our doom unfold then." I sigh and we walk out on the balcony. Kane rotates the binoculars between us three as we watch two people fighting in the open.

"Have you seen Octavia?" I ask Gaia considering she's been out here longer than us. She shakes her head.

"Good, maybe she's following the plan to stay hidden until the last one is left." Kane states and looks through the binocular. After he's done he hands it to Bellamy. I faintly see a man running before he falls to the ground from what I can make out to be an arrow.

"Blue Cliff didn't have a bow and arrow, she had two swords." Bellamy says confusion all over his face.

"So? She could have picked them up." Kane shrugs. Bellamy shakes his head and suddenly I realize what's happening.

"Echo." We both say at the same time and Kane looks confused.

"We have to stop her." Bellamy says as we start to walk back inside with Kane on our tails.

"How do you know it's Echo? It could be anyone." Kane tries to reason with us as we enter the hallway.

"We know it's her. Ice Nation has two people on their side, that's cheating and I won't let my sister die." Bellamy stops and turns to face Kane.