16.

"Be a warrior - fight without any fear of death."
-unknown

16.

When we arrive at Polis the group scatters to their perspective quarters for the night while Clarke had given the rundown on what had just happened before we showed up. Roan called for a conclave, one person from each clan would fight to the death for the bunker. There was no way around it and my hope was diminishing by the second. Who would fight for us and actually have a chance at winning?

"How did this happen?" Bellamy doesn't ask anyone in particular as he shakes his head and looks down at the ground.

"We don't have a warrior to fight for our clan." Clarke states.

A thought crosses my mind, a stupid one, but if we might all die anyways than to hell with everything else and to thinking rationally.

"What about me?" Just saying it I knew it wasn't the best idea.

"No. End of discussion." Bellamy states. I still hadn't talked to him about what Jack had said nor have I had time to see if he was okay. As soon as we got here we were thrown into this mess.

"Bellamy-"

"No."

"Who's going to fight for us? I don't see anyone else offering." I wave my hands around.

"Not you." He shakes his head at me.

"Someone has to or we'll all die anyways."

"Guys..." Clarke tries to intervene.

"Why is it that you're always trying to leave me?"

"The last thing I want to do is leave you which is why I should do this."

"I don't know about that..." Clarke says as she looks down from the balcony and turns toward us. Me and Bellamy share a look and walk over and look down. Octavia rides a horse into the town and climbs off.

"I'm here for the war." I hear her faintly. I look to Bellamy. Now Octavia is going to fight instead, I know there's no stopping her.

"Are we going to talk about this?" I bite my lip as me and Bellamy entered the room we were allowed to stay in for the night. The candles lit the whole room giving it a warm glow. It was spacious and the bed was covered in thick coats of fur making it enticing. I was tired but we needed to talk about Jack and about Octavia coming to fight.

"What part?" Bellamy sighs and takes off his jacket and throws it over the table that was in the middle of the room. He slips off his shoes and then pulls his shirt off. He's trying to look for distraction which is why he won't look at me.

"Jack." I state. Bellamy stops his movements and his jaw clenches, he finally looks over to me.

"He's in love with you." He says. I swallow hard.

"I know." He gives me a questioning look.

"He told me, right after you threatened him tonight." I knew telling Bellamy was the better option. Secrets weren't good for a relationship and Bellamy had his suspicions about Jack anyways.

"What did you say?"

"He stormed off before I could say anything. But I would've told him that time for us was a long time ago and it's over with it. I have you, Bellamy." I walk closer to him and place my hand on his cheek.

"I don't want him near you. It's the only way he'll move on and I don't trust him around you."

"Bell, he's my friend." He pulls away from me.