An Even Bigger Promise

Rogue's thoughts and PoV:

I'm still sad. I miss Tsukiko. She was my love but now she's gone. The war ended 2 months ago. Fairy Tail still didn't visit us since I've lost Tsukiko. I think I will never be able to smile again. I just want to see Tsukiko again. Well, she still can visit me. But I miss her as a human!

I remember her words when she visited me the last time,"Rogue, don't forget, I might be a wolf but I still love you! I love you like a human! You can do the same thing!"

These thoughts made me cry again. Sting rushed over to me.

"Hey, bro! What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

He sounded really worried. I quickly wiped my tears away and ran outside. There I noticed some wizards.

They were from Fairy Tail. Natsu, Lucy and Wendy.

"Hey Rogue!" Wendy waved at me.

"Hi, where is your little powerhouse?" Natsu continued. I immediately understood. They meant Tsukiko.

"Oh..." I replied.

I looked down at my feet, I didn't want them to see my sad face.

"What's wrong, you look upset," Wendy enquired.

I sighed and started sobbing. Natsu put his hand on my shoulder and spoke,"Rogue, what's wrong?"

I stopped crying and whispered,"Do you know what happened to Tsukiko?"

They shook their heads and understood.

I sighed again and whispered,"Two months ago, the war broke out, Tsukiko wanted to protect all of us, she used a forbidden spell! She sacrificed her humanity, for all of us, she is a wolf now!"

I started tearing up again.

"How sweet!" Wendy sighed and cried too.

"I promised to be her shadow, to protect her, when she needs me! I promised to bring her back again!"

I cried even more. Suddenly I heard Tsukiko's soft voice in my head calling,"Don't cry, Rogue! It's okay, I'm sure you will be able to bring me back somehow!" I looked up.

"Tsukiko!"

Lucy looked at me. "What are you talking about, Tsukiko isn't there! Calm down!" she whispered.

"But I heard her voice, she has to be there!"

They looked back just to make sure. And there was a purple wolf with yellow eyes.

"Tsukiko!" I jumped up. She smiled. I started to cry.

"Tsukiko, I promised you.......but I don't know how!" I cried.

She just smiled again.

"It's okay, Rogue! You don't have to turn me back into a human, I'm actually pretty happy like this! Just keep it as it is!"

She was actually talking, but she always used Telepathy since she turned into a wolf! Maybe she changed now. Wendy came closer to her and stroked her fur.

"Hello, Tsukiko! Nice to see you again!" The others stepped forward too and greeted Tsukiko kindly.

Then she continued,"Listen, Rogue, I know it might be hard for you now but I don't have any big expectations to you, I am happy like that! Just continue living!"

I looked at her. "But I want to see your human face again, see your human smile!" I answered.

"Rogue, you shouldn't judge me by my race, even if I'm an animal, I was a human once! You can still love me!"

I looked at the floor and started tearing up again.

"It isn't like that, I want you to be with me, I want to live together with you!"

I felt that Tsukiko understood me but something else in my heart was blocking her. It was her strong bond to the wolves.