24 - Seems like a fairy tale

"I thought we were heading to a hotel or something."

I told Ryan, still glancing at the passing trees outside. It looks like another forest. Do they have an obsession with creepy forests? Of course, after all, they are vampires.

"We have a house to stay here in. It's one of my friends'."

He said the last part dryly.

"You don't seem to like your friend that much."

I stated, looking at him. We got back to our seats after I thought my heart would give up from overworking.

"Is it that obvious?"

He frowned. I chuckled a little.

"No, I just guessed it."

"Well, he's not my real friend, but... it's like, 'The enemy of your enemy is your friend', right? And we have some history together."

I nodded.

"So, who's your common enemy?"

Silence awaited me for a few seconds.

"Asmodeus."

He said it through gritted teeth. My eyes moved down to my lap, wanting to ask the question that was now filling my mind.

"Isn't he..?"

But my question trailed off, unable to be completed.

"Yes, that's him."

Each word he said showed how much he hated him—no, actually despised him. I didn't respond to anything in return. After all, what should I ask about the man who killed my parents, for God knows what reason? Anger bubbled inside me, thinking that he was the one to blame for all my sufferings.

It was he who killed my parents.

It was he who made me an orphan.

It was he who separated me from them.

And I continued to form an entire sheet of demerits about this stupid Asmodeus in my mind. My charting progressed until the car came to a halt. Ryan paid the cab driver, and we both got out of it. My head suddenly snapped to the side, where I could hear a waterfall clearly.

"Are we where I am imagining we are?"

I asked, raising an eyebrow. He nodded, and I responded with a squeal. I have never, ever been to a waterfall before. I saw the other three walking towards us, so I ran to Helena and hugged her, squeezing the life out of that poor soul.

"We are going to see a waterfall... Oh God, it actually feels like a vacation."

I screeched like a child. I removed Helena from my clutches, only to see her face filled with amusement.

"You have never seen a waterfall before?"

What? I am not a flying witch like her, nor have I had parents who took me everywhere. Also, I am eighteen years old; they can't expect me to act mature. I am still in my teenage phase. I slowly shook my head from side to side, suddenly feeling all gloomy.

"Sorry to disappoint you."

And she was really sorry. I could hear it in her voice. She held my face high with her pointed finger.

"If you haven't seen a waterfall yet, this is going to be a great surprise for you because this one is sooooo special."

I could feel my spirits regaining their wilderness.

"Why?"

It came out like a whisper, though I don't know why.

"You'll see why. Shall we?"

She motioned her hands toward the dark forest. With no hesitation, I walked in that direction.

I heard Sid murmur "Girls" to Adrian, to which he responded, "Complicated."

We chuckled. The sound of water became more and more audible as we walked deep inside. Ryan was leading the way. Me and Helena followed him, with Sid and Adrian behind us. Ryan pushed past another tree branch, and we finally came face to face with heaven in disguise. It was 'I don't know what' long, but I think it almost touched the clouds. The heavenly liquid was pushed off the edge, and it collided with the ground in loud splashes. There was fog around it, and the bottom formed a medium-sized lake.

"If you open a little more widely, I am sure your mouth is going to tear apart."

I turned to see Adrian grinning at me, and it immediately made my mouth shut.

"This is amazing....."

I murmured, still looking at the godly sight in front of me.

"Believe me, this is nothing compared to what I have seen."

He said, making me look at him with wide eyes.

"There are more beautiful places than this?"

"Of course there are. I am sure Ryan will take you there sometime later."

I slightly blushed, thinking about our brief trip. I slowly nodded and turned my head, only to find a smirking Ryan. Idiot... He caught me blushing.

"So is the sightseeing over?"

Ryan asked, getting back to his serious self. I saw Helena near the water with her right foot dipped inside it. She was clearly enjoying the soothing feeling. But she wasn't the only one who was enjoying it, as I noticed Sid looking at her with a spark in his eyes. These two seriously have to talk someday. We circled the lake and reached the back of that waterfall. Enormous rocks blocked our way.

"Are you sure this is the right place?"

Sid asked while knocking on those rocks.

"Helena."

Ryan called her, or, more like, commanded her. Like an obedient girl, she moved towards where Sid was standing.

"Take your hands off."

Rude much. But Sid deserved it. He quietly walked towards us and stood near Adrian, who leaned over and whispered.

"Though I am the only one who can't see your expression now, I can pretty much guess it."

With that, he laughed like a schoolboy. But he was right; Sid looked as if he was going to break into tears soon. Ryan was still looking at Helena, who was now chanting something while pressing her forehead on the rock. Within seconds, the rock moved apart, revealing a set of stairs. I gasped. This place is indeed special. Helena, Sid, and Adrian started climbing the stairs, and I was also about to, until Ryan held my wrist. He came closer to my face, fanning his hot breath on my ears. I couldn't control the stupid butterflies in my stomach as well as the tingling feeling.

"The person who's waiting for us there has a thing for all the women in the world. If he makes you uncomfortable by any means, tell me. You got it?"

Unable to answer, because of our lack of space, I slowly nodded. I glanced at Ryan, only to see his eyes sparkling. I didn't wait any longer but entered inside the cave, followed by him. The rock automatically closed on its own. He stood right behind me and murmured.

"I like the way you respond to me."

His voice sent a shiver down my spine. I wanted to say something, but my stupid mouth betrayed me by sealing itself. We climbed the stairs and were met by a huge wooden door. Ryan opened it, and immediately his shoulders tensed. I couldn't see what was in there as he was blocking my view, so I pushed past him and found the other three, the same as Ryan, all tensed. My eyes trailed to the other side of the room, and I was indeed shocked. There, sitting on the luxurious couch, was none other than Cole the Almighty, with a smirking face.

"Asmodeus is my enemy too."

*********************************

Don't forget to vote and comment...