Getting Back To Normal - Part 20

It had been a week since you found out about your father's affair and your parent's divorce. You were not handling it well and Harry kept trying to be there for as much as he could be, but he felt so helpless. He hadn't seen you smile in days and every time he saw you, tears were forming in your eyes. He was leaving for tour in the States in two days and he had no clue if you were still going with him.

He was meeting with his Mum and Gemma for lunch before leaving and to ask their advice to help you. When he got to the restaurant, they were already there. He went to their table and hugged them both before sitting down.

"Hi, sweetie," she smiled.

"Hey, Mum," he said.

"So, what's going on, you look rough," Gemma said.

"Gee thanks, Gem," he mumbled running his hands through his hair.

"But seriously, what's going on?" she asked.

"It's Y/N," he sighed. "She's taking it really hard about the situation with her parents. She's barely eating, she hasn't left her flat since she found out, and she hasn't spoken to either of her parents. She's so broken and I'm trying to help her, but I don't know what else to do."

"I'm sure it's hard enough going through what she's going through, but adding in the factor that she found out with the rest of the world like she did, isn't helping the situation either," Anne said.

"And I've put a stop to anything else coming out about it as much as I can," he sighed. "She feels like her entire life is a lie. She looked up to her parents and their relationship so much, I just... I don't know what to do and with me leaving for the tour... like she's supposed to come with me, but she hasn't said anything about it."

"Maybe, maybe it would be best if she didn't go along with you," Anne suggested. "Perhaps she just needs some time to herself to figure things out and you need to just focus on the tour. If she's there, you'll be spending all your time making sure she's okay and pulling her out of the hotel room."

"She's my girlfriend, Mum," Harry said. "It doesn't matter if she's right next to me or back here in London, I'm going to be worried about her."

"I know that, but it'll be different if she's there," she said.

"So, what you're saying is I should just leave my girlfriend, who's going through some shit, by herself for a month because she might take my focus away from my tour?" He asked annoyed.

"When you say it like that it seems like I'm being cruel," she said. "But honey, looking at you now, you're exhausted, you haven't shaved, and you just look out of it. You can't be like that for your tour, especially your first solo one."

"I get it, Mum, I do, but-" he sighed. "She's my girlfriend and if I just leave her to do my own thing, I'm no better than her father."

"You're nothing like her father," she scolded. "You not leaving her for another woman, you're going to do a job that you had planned before you even met her. And the fact of the matter is, either she goes or she doesn't, that's her choice. You can't cancel a sold-out tour just because your girlfriend decided not to go with you."

"I wasn't exactly planning on canceling the tour," he sighed. "I just want to know what I can do to help her."

"Have you tried talking to her father?" Gemma suggested.

"She refuses," he said. "I told her he would be able to answer her questions, but she doesn't even want to talk about him."

"I get that, but have you reached out to talk to him?" She corrected.