Doing What I Have To - Part 31

Harry stared at his phone as he contemplated what to do next. Yes, he had decided to phone your parents and tell them what has been going on the last few weeks, but that didn't mean he wasn't second-guessing himself. He knew the risk this could cause to your and his relationship. He knew how you felt about your parents currently and while he understood, he also knew they were still your parents and deserved to know when you were unwell. Plus, he was sure you wouldn't be upset with them forever.

And he'd rather you be upset with him then you have to deal with all of this alone since you had yet to tell Jess the real reason you had come home from the tour early. While you were in the hospital, he had gotten your parent's numbers from your cell phone, just in case he needed to call them during your stay there. Looking back now, it could be seen as if he snuck into your phone and secretly got their numbers just so he could call them behind your back.

But you were stubborn and your pride was more important to you than reaching out to your parents yourself. Another reason that made him second guess his decision was the simple fact that this could all backfire on him. He was calling your parents so they could be there for you and care for you while you were healing, but knowing where you stood with your parents, there was a huge chance that'd you be angry and stressed over there knowing. Which could then make everything worse and affect your healing...

Despite all of that though, Harry had talked himself into finally dialing your mother's number. He'd start there first, knowing you were as upset with your mother compared to your father. And if anything, your mother could be the one to make the decision on whether to involve your father in this or not, which could save him a bit in the long run.

A bit selfish, yes, but also the truth.

He quickly dialed the number and pressed the call button before he could talk himself out of actually doing this. The phone rang for a few moments before the other line clicked and a woman's voice came through.

"Hello?" She asked.

"Uh... Hi, is this Y/Mother's/Name?" He asked.

"Yes, it is, may I ask who this is?" She asked.

"Hi, it's um... Harry. I'm Harry, Y/N's boyfriend," he said softly with a hint of awkwardness.

"Harry? Oh yes, yes, Y/N has told me a little about you," she said. "Is everything alright?"

"Yes... and no," he said. "Um. It's a bit of a long story, but uh, I think you need to hear it."

"Did something happen to Y/N?" She asked quickly, fear evident in her voice.

"As you may or may not know, Y/N was traveling with me while I'm on tour over in America. Everything was going great, but then she started feeling ill. Eventually, the pain in her stomach became severe and we took her to a local hospital. They diagnosed her with endometriosis and performed surgery on her. However, during the surgery, they realized her condition was worse off and the surgery wasn' t going to fully treat her," he started.

"Oh, my... is she... how's she doing?" She asked.

"Physically, she's healing. The doctor gave her some medications to try and she's actually back home in London because I didn't want her to continue traveling, but uh... she did receive some news. The doctor told her she made not be able to have children or that it'd be quite difficult for her to have them," he whispered.

"My poor baby," she gasped. "I.. I can't believe I didn't know this..."

"I know. I talked it over with her when all of this was going on for her to contact you, but she refused. The reason I'm contacting you now is that I'm still on tour and I don't want her alone going through this. She hasn't told Jess about any of this because she doesn't want to stress her out in her last few months of pregnancy. I talked to Y/N a bit ago and I can tell she's having a real hard time with this and knowing I can't be there to comfort her... makes me miserable. But I thought, maybe if you knew, you could try and help.." he said.