Decisions to Make - Part 29

When you wake up from surgery, you looked over at Harry who was asleep in the chair next to the bed. You smiled at a bit because he looked cute sleeping awkwardly, but you felt bad that he was obviously uncomfortable. For the most part, you felt okay given that you just had surgery, but you knew that probably wouldn't last long.

There was a knock on the door and in walked a nurse to check on you, which caused Harry to wake up and sort of coming back to reality.

"Hey. Y/N, how are you feeling?" She asked.

"I'm okay," you shrugged.

"Are you hungry at all? We can get you some lunch," she said.

"Uh, yeah, that'd be great actually," you said.

"Okay, let me just get your vitals and make sure everything is still doing great and then I'll get your lunch ordered and the doctor should be in soon to go over the surgery," she said.

You nodded and waited for her as she took your blood pressure and everything else before leaving the room.

"Well, hello sleepy head," you giggled.

"Sorry I fell asleep," he said moving closer to you.

"Harry you've been here the whole time I've been in the hospital, you're allowed to go to sleep as well," you said.

He nodded and took your hand. Even though you were a bit out of it from the anesthesia, you could tell something was off with Harry.

"You okay?" You asked. "Something seems to be bothering you."

He sighed. "I'm just tired."

"Are you sure?" You asked.

"The surgery didn't exactly go as plan," he said.

"W-What?" You asked. "What happened?"

"Nothing happened per say," he said. "But it's just that your condition is a little more than what they originally thought. The doctor can explain it a lot better than I can."

"So basically the surgery was for nothing then? You canceled shows for nothing," you sighed.

"Hey, don't do that," he said. "And they're not canceled, just rescheduled and I told you not to worry about any of that."

You sighed shaking your head. "What did the doctor say about treatment then?"

He didn't get a chance to respond before the doctor walked in.

"Y/N, how are you doing?" He asked.

"Um... I was doing okay," you said.

"Ah, I take it Harry told you about the surgery?" He asked.

"Sorry," Harry sighed.

"No, it's okay," he said. "I'm sure you have some questions?"

"Yes, what exactly happened..." You sighed. "Where do we go from here?"

"Well, everything went great, it's just we discovered that your condition is worse than we thought. So, the sort of maintain your condition and to keep you from having flare-ups in the future, we have a couple of options. We can try a different birth control and this may take a few tries, or we could do a hysterectomy."

You gasped looking up at him. "But... if I.. I won't be able to have kids of my own if I do that."

"Yes, you wouldn't be able to get pregnant and carry a child of your own, but there are other options. We could extract your eggs and freeze them and eventually find a surrogate to implant them in. But I wouldn't suggest doing the hysterectomy until it was a final resort," he said. "However, I will tell you one of the effects of having this condition is infertility."

"W-What?" You whispered.

"I'm not saying it's completely out of the cards for you, but it will be harder for you to get pregnant and it could make the pregnancy a high risk one," he said.

"So, basically I could still never get pregnant or have a child of my own even I don't have the hysterectomy?" you sniffled.

He sighed nodding."That certainly is a possibility, but certainly not impossible."

Harry took your hand in his as tears formed in your eyes.

"How about I give you two a few minutes together," the doctor whispered.

As soon as the doctor left the room, Harry wrapped you in his arms as you felt completely broken as you broke down with tears falling down your face. Once again you felt as if everything you ever thought you would have in life was ripped out from under you and there was nothing you could do about it. 

**

Poor Y/N! What's going to happen??