Daddy Issues - Part 41

"I want your help in getting my daughter to meet up with me," a male voice said on the other end of the phone.

Harry had no idea what to say. Never would he had thought your father of all people would be calling him up.

"I uh, I don't really know what you want me to do," Harry said.

"You're her boyfriend, right?" Your Dad asked him.

"Um, yeah, but I don't-" Harry responded.

"I just.. I want you to talk to her about meeting up with me, I just want a chance to tell her my side of the story," he said.

"I mean, I guess I could try, but Y/N's still pretty upset," Harry said.

"Look, you seem like a nice guy," he said. "So, that's all I'm asking is for you to try. She can't be mad at me forever."

Harry sighed shaking his head, "Before I agree to help you out, answer me this, do you believe you even did anything wrong?"

"I did what I had to do to keep my family together," he stated.

"Yeah, that worked out didn't it?" Harry scoffed.

"You don't know anything about me or the situation," he snapped.

"I know that your actions hurt Y/N. I know that your actions made Y/N second guess everything in her life, so excuse me for not jumping at the chance to fucking help you out," Harry snapped back. "Y/N and her feelings are what's important to me, not the feelings her cheating bastard of a father."

Harry ended the call there, he didn't want to hear his response, nor did he have time because he had reached his destination. Although after that phone call, he would have preferred going straight home and talking to you about it because he had that itch in him to tell you.

But he needed to go to this meeting, so that conversation would have to wait.

**

After Harry left that morning, you quickly cleaned up the kitchen. You put the dishes in the dishwasher, cleaned the pans, and wiped down the counters. You made yourself some more coffee and walked over to your laptop to get some work done while Harry was away. You first checked your email and it was filled with the same nonsense.

Mostly spam from random companies wanting you to check out their products or websites. Half of them didn't even sound legit, so you quickly deleted them. You had a few email responses to companies you have been working for and a few legit requests.

You wrote down the new requests in your notebook and would look into those later in the day. You were almost finished with checking your email when you noticed one from someone, who wasn't requesting a job, but a meeting with your father.

However, the email wasn't from your father. You lingered over the email for a few moments before finally clicking on it to read. You scanned over it and realized the person sending it was your father's mistress. The first thought that came to your mind was how did she get your email address and the second was why was she even emailing you in the first place.

Then you started wondering why your father never bothered to reach out to you first. Especially since in the email, it seems as if your father was having a really rough time and missed you. You rolled your eyes at that one. Had your father really missed you, he would have reached out you. The last time he even tried to call you was right after the affair came to light but since then not a word from him.

You couldn't believe the woman was trying to contact you and making you feel like you were the bad person in the situation. You quickly exited out of the email and shut your laptop. Any work you had planned on getting done, would have to wait until you cleared your head.