Long Overdue

/'Our universe grants every soul a twin - a reflection of themselves - the kindred spirit - And no matter where they are or how far away they are from each other - even if they are in different dimensions, they will always find one another.
This is destiny; this is love.'
-Julie Dillon/

Rhian
I turn Erika's unit upside down, may hinahanap akong damit and its hitting my nerve dahil hindi ko makita.
We went to a dinner date last night, medyo late na kami natapos at tinatamad akong magdrive kaya dito na lang ako natulog sa unit niya. Im pretty sure it was with me last night, malamig ang panahon and i clearly remember bringing it along.
Sumandal ako sa dingding habang hinahagod ang mukha ko. Im on the point of crying when Erika walks in with groceries in both hands.
She's wearing the blue hoodie jacket i'd been looking for.

"What happened here babe?"

I look at her with dismay.

"Take that off please."

I point at the jacket, she place the groceries on the table and approach me for a hug pero umatras ako.

"Take it off Erika."

She looks confuse, hinawi niya ang buhok na nakasagabal sa kanyang mukha. At this point, she's trying to figure out what to do.

"Babe its just a jacket, i dont under...."

"I said take it off!!! Take-it-off!!! Tangina hindi kaba makaintindi."

Erika barely comprehend tagalog but she understands that im already pissed right now.
I grab my purse from the bed and pick my car key from the counter.
She takes off the jacket and hand it to me, tinupi ko ito ng maayos bago sinabit sa aking braso.

"Babe...Rhian..please...its just a jacket."

"I told you times before not to touch this one."

She shakes her head in annoyance, i take the jacket everywhere i go, its always inside my bag. I never allow her to touch it and she doesnt understand why, niether do i.

"What's with that fucking thing, your picking up a fight because of that shit."

I wind up the door and walk out, she followed me to the elevator. Medyo makati na ang pakiramdam ko sa suot kong dress since last night. I repeatedly hit the button.

"Babe wait, whats wrong with you?"

"You Erika, i told you to stay away from this thing but you just ugh....i need to go."

I walk in the elevator leaving her barefoot on the corridor.

--------------------------------------------

Glaiza
"Dont be hard on yourself Glaiza, oh.."

Alex hand me an ice cold beer, just the thing i needed.
We are chilling in this reggae bar in Tomas Morato, it was a devastating day for me. The girl we operated two weeks ago pass away this morning, i really prayed for her recovery but the head swelling was too much for her fragile body. I tried to revive her but there was limited options since we cannot go full swing due to her sensitive condition. Her mother cried on my shoulder, i can feel the grief and pain in every tear that falls from her face. It's not easy shaking that off.

"I dont know Alex, seguro dahil naging patient din ako dati kaya i understand how it feels to be on the other side."

I dig on my beer straight up, hindi man lang ako naubo. Talo ko pa ang heartbroken, natawa lang si Alex.
We talk about random things, head nurse na siya ngayon sa ibang hospital but we grew close since kami lang nagkakaintindihan sa kaweirdohan namin.
After 3 sets medyo loosen up na ang pakiramdam ko, malapit ang table namin sa cocktail bar and random girls keeps on throwing saultry glances at me. Im rocking a white casual blouse with skinny black jeans and a maroon high cut boots. I brush up my hair to finish off that heartbreaker persona.