Boss Battle

/'You can't lose what you never had,
You can't keep what's not yours,
and you can't hold on to something that doesnt want to stay.'
-Anonymous/

Rhian

Glaiza's phone ring for the third time and she ignore the call, yet again.
She's driving and im on the passengers seat, we're on our way to the funeral of Mike's Dad.

"Whose calling Glai? Kanina pa yan ah."

She keeps silent and hand me the phone, as expected, its the bitch in the name of Megan Lynn Young.

"Better change your number Glai, mukhang hindi ka lulubayan ng Megan na yan."

Malapit na kaming makadating sa destination namin ng biglang gumilid sa daan si Glaiza.

"Lapit ka nga Rhi."

"Hay nako Glaiza, tigilan mo nga ako sa kalandian mo, patay ang pupuntahan natin."

Instead, she pull me close and look straight to my eyes.

"Your eyes. Mydriasis."

"Midra...what?"

She softly laughs and turn the radio off.

"Mydriasis, your pupils are dilating Rhi. A human's pupil is averagely around 2 to 4 mm in bright light and 4 to 8mm in dark light but yours is like...10 or close to 11mm. In most cases, Mydriasis are cause by an impending complication in the body part above the other end of the backbone or primarily called the head."

Agad kong tiningnan sa salamin ang mata ko. They look normal to me pero bigla akong natakot ng magsimulang gumamit ng mga medical term si Glaiza.

"Mamamatay na ba ako Doc?"

I ask in a funny-morbid tone.

"No silly, are you in any form of medication?"

"Uhm...vitamin c lang naman."

She grab her phone and dialled someone.

"Ascorbic Acid, thats okay. Im gonna call my secretary and tell her to book you a Opthalmologic Exam with Dr. Bautista as soon as possible."

"Dont you think that's a bit too far?"

Tumalas ang tingin niya sa akin at huminga ng malalim.

"Just get it over Rhi, para sa ikatatahimik ko. Ayoko nagkakasakit or magkasakit ka, okay?"

"Okay Doc...you're the boss."

I sink in my seat and enjoy the perks of having a badass but caring doctor girlfriend.

------------------------------------

Glaiza

"Nice to meet you Kean."

We reach out for each others hand and laugh at the same time, alam na this.

"Nice to finally meet you Glaiza, naikwento kana sa akin ni Misis, buti nagkita kita na ulit kayo lahat pre."

"Oo nga eh. Kamusta pala buhay may asawa Chynz?"

Kumapit siya sa braso si Kean at natawa. They look so good together, pareho silang maangas.

"Ito masaya naman, gwapo kasi mister ko."

"Oo naman."

Biglang sabat ni Kean.
The cremation process will take about an hour and another hour for the ash preservation.
On a personal note, im not in favor of cremation dahil napuputol ang 'galing sa lupa, babalik sa lupa' cycle.