Unfortunate Reunion

/'Remember that the most valuable antiques are dear old friends.'
-Anonymous/

Rhian

Erika's on top sucking my nipples left and right.
My eyes are shut as i moan in pleasure.

'I love you Rhi, as always.'

'Its not what you think it is Rhi.'

'Trust me please....please Rhian.'

'I never lie to you Rhi.'

'...never lie to you...'

'...never lie..."

I open my eyes and push Erika off me.
Mali ito, mali na manggamit ako ng ibang tao.
Glaiza's voice echoe's in my mind, as far as i know Glaiza, she was never a liar, she's a lot of things but never a liar.
I clip my loosen bra and button my blouse, i crawl out of bed to grab my purse from the floor.

"You're going back to her?"

Erika ask with a bitter tone.
Im gonna break her heart for the second time this day.

"Yes Erika, im sorry. Thank you for everything you have done for me. If...if you would ask them to pull off the deal, its okay. You were a good and loving partner but....but...."

"Im not her."

I approach her for a hug, may pinagsamahan din naman kami kahit papaano.
She starts to sob and deepen the embrace.

"I love you Babe, ill always be here for you. I won't give up, im gonna love you no matter what."

With a few heavy breathing, i start to rub her back.

"You deserve someone who will love you the way you deserve to be loved Erika. Thank you for the wonderful memories, Goodbye."

I swifly walk out of her unit without turning back. As i reach the elevator, my phone ring, Kean's calling.

"Yes Kean?"

"Hello Rhian, ano kasi....papunta kaming St.Lukes, 50/50 daw yung erpat ni Mike."

Biglang lumakas ang kabog ng dibdib ko.

"Okay, im on my way...."

The elevator opens and i run to my car as fast as i can.

-------------------------------------

Glaiza

My whole body specially my hands are shaking, my patient, the one who has been in a coma for awhile is in cardiac arrest.

"Nurse print vitals please..."

I scan the patient's file trying to figure out what cause the sudden failure when everything seems to be stable for a week.

"Doc....."

The nurse hands me the vital graph and the results are not good.
The sound of the heart monitor lingers to the four corners of the VIP room.

"Prepare for CPR....defibrillator in please.."

I tilt his head back and slightly lift the chin, i push hard and fast to his chest with my hand on top of the other, im aiming for a compression rate of 100 per minute with atleast 2 inches deep with the use of my whole body weight.

"Negative....push in defibrillator...in 1 2 clear..."

The machine sends a tolerable electric shock to the heart in the hope of getting a pulse or any form of rhythm.

"Heart rate drops.....going in 1 2 clear..."

The heart monitor still shows a flat line. My own heart start to panic.