Prince Bat Wing

Hey readers! Just a heads up. The following chapter is on Bat Wings POV (Point Of View) It is timed to be around an hour after the previous chapter.
I'm just posting this part now so everything is a bit more in order. Keep in mind that Sunset Shimmer only sees the Stuff where Rainbow is around.
Alright let's do this. Always wear your seat belt to stay 20% cooler.

I was, just arriving back at the hive, thinking about my experience with the Rainbow girl. She was much more accepting to having a changeling talking to her.

Mother always said that if we got caught in the human world. We will live in captivity for the rest of our days, but the way she talked to me was so casual it's almost frightening.

I decided that I should get to know her more. I'll need to not let her know that I'm there most of the times so I don't hurt her too much, but I'll make sure to to still show her as myself. It would be a good first step to know the world more.
Mother did always say that every changeling royalty should know the human world like the back of their hands. What better way to find out about it then from someone that lives in the human world.

Flying through the main entrance of the hive, the guards nodded with respect for their prince. But I noticed that they did so grudgingly. No one here truly respects me except mother.

Speaking of, mother, also known as Queen Chrysalis, flew towards me the moment I walked into the throne room. “Son! how was your first hunt alone?”

“Well, different. I did succeed in getting love. But not as much as I usually get when we hunt together.” What should I say? I can't tell her that she found me out.

“Very well.” mother said, “Well then tomorrow we'll hunt together, but the next day you'll do it alone. How are you supposed to rule over my, excuse me, your subjects if you can't even pull of a hunt by yourself?”

“You're right mother. As always.”

“You know it. Now go to your room. You'll need your rest for tomorrow.”

“Of course mother.”

I walked down the corridors of the hive forced to listen to the mutterings of my siblings as I walked past. Though I pretended not to hear.

“There goes his royal loserness.”

“Why does he get to be prince.”

“I can transform into a much more realistic dragon than he can.”

“It's not fair.”

“Don't believe this guy is gonna be our king. They can't even reproduce on their own.”

“Mabie he'll chose me.”

“Why would you want to be with that idiot?”

“I don't. But that way I won't become a member of the royal guard to serve him.”

“How come he gets his own room.”

Like I told Rainbow. They hate me. But I can see why. I can't do things half as well as my siblings.

When I transformed into a dragon, it was a baby. When I tried to turn into my mother, with her permission, it was a super old lady version. I felt really proud of myself when I finally got good enough to nail the person people love’s look. But only to find out, thanks to Rainbow, that I need to know what their personally is as well.

When I got to my room, I found myself thinking about how I would be able to be the king of changelings. Since I can't lay eggs on my own, I'll need to pick a female changeling to mate with. But none of them cared about the welfare of the changelings. Only themselves.

Rainbow was really great though. I sighed, almost unconsciously. I just continued to think about Rainbow a small smile on my face. A few minutes later my eyes went wide a I felt a small ba-dup ba-dup in my chest that I never felt before.

I simply shook it off since Rainbow was on my mind. The pretty rainbow hair, her skin as blue as the sky on a clear summer's day. And her laugh. What sound in the world could sound better than that? Nothing.

And the kindness and compassion she showed enhanced the love that I felt inside of her somehow. I tried not to feed of it since I didn't want to hurt my new friend, but I did end up absorbing a little. I  couldn't help it.

The pounding became harder and I had to stop for a moment. This pounding was starting to drive me nuts, but it did seem somewhat nice, so I decided to simply enjoy it for a moment. But just like that, it slowed and stopped.

I probably just imaged it.