Fall Formal part 2/Caught

The person was Bat Wing. And here is that scean that he showed up in and what happend after that. Anyway, read that chapter and always wear your seat belt.

Mother took me to the front of Canterlot High and reminded me of what I needed to do, “Now Bat Wing, do you know who's in there tonight?”

“Yes mother.”

“Good. Now go… And I promise you will get your reward once this is all over.”

“Yes mother.”

I transformed into a blond haired boy and looked around the CHS gym where the dance was healed and caught sight of Rainbow Dash with her friends as a slow dance came on.

I walked over and taped her on the shoulder. “May I have this dance?”

Rainbow looked startled as an unrecognized expression came on her face. I never thought about how much it would hurt to be a stranger to her once again.

She looked to one of her friends and she got a smug look on her face. She said something to her and Rainbow took my hand. “Umm, sure.”

(This is the song they're dancing to. (So Close from Enchanted.))

I lead her to the dance floor, and we danced. “Have we met before?” Rainbow asked obviously having not figured it out yet.

I decided to remain oblivious for now to see if she'll get it. “Well, I know who you are. Your Rainbow Dash. The Element of Loyalty.”

“It was the hair. Wasn't it?”

“Actually, it was the beautiful sky blue skin and the magenta eyes that sparkle like diamonds.”

But she knew I was lying. “No. Seriously.”

“Oh alright. It was the beautiful rainbow colored hair. But the other aspects still were there as well.”

 We danced for a bit before she talked again. “Have we really never met? What's your name?”

“If I told you you’d know that I’m lying.”

Her face lit up, “Bat Wing!?”

I laughed, “There's no fooling you is their?”

She smiled and blushed, “Not when it comes to you my Prince.”

“And I you Princess.”

She blushed harder and rested her head against my chest as we spun slowly.  When she did I felt the thumping in my chest returned. But this time it didn't stop. She was real, right here, hugging me by her own free will. I loved this moment. And it have nothing to do with the amount of love in the room that I was trying not to feed on. It was her. She was the image of perfection on the inside and out. If this is a dream. Don't wake me up.

I was tempted to give her a soft kiss on the cheek so she would know how much she meant to me. But I also know how dangerous that would be for her, and I couldn't bear to see her suffer like that. So I held her close and whispered the lyrics of the song.

“...Now you're beside me. And look how far we've come. So far, We are, so close.”

Rainbow suddenly grabbed my right hand and put it on her waist. She put her left on my shoulder and our other hands were together. I got the message and brought her to a bit more than a slow dance.