The sidelines of a party

Alright we are back on Sunsets POV. There is a slight recap just in case so sit back, enjoy and always wear your seat belt.

“I'll do everything in my power to keep them as far away from you, your friends, and family as possible.” Bat Wing told her calming Rainbow’s and my nerves.

“Thanks. Well, guess I'll see you around.”

“Ya. See ya.”

I was shocked, but more explanation was needed. Much more. Lucky, more is what I got.

The scene changed, and I saw Rainbow dressed up all fancy in a party dress that I recognized as the one she wore at the party we had to save camp Everfree. In fact, she was in the crystal cave. Where that party was held.

She was by the snack table siping a drink when she heard someone clear his throat. She turned around to see a mysterious man smiling at her. He had Dark blue hair and green eyes with a light blue skin tone.

“Sorry, can I help you with something?”

“Not exactly." He replied mischievously.
“Do I know you?”
“I'm someone you meet not to long ago.”

She paused confused till her eyes lit up. “Bat Wing!?”

“Surprise!”

“Awsome! You made it.”

“Yup. But you never told me their was gonna be a party today.”

“That's cause I didn't know myself till yesterday night. I honestly didn't think you were gonna come.”

“Well here I am. And let me say, I haven't seen so much love in a room since mother took me to one of your human wedding redemptions when I was 10.”

“Glad you think so. The main reason is cause everybody here has one thing in common.”

“What's that?”

“They all went to camp Everfree when they were younger. And it meant something to them. So much that they are willing to come back up here to save it. And we did.”

“Well then, congratulations!”

“Thanks.” She took a sip of her drink.

“What's that?” Bat Wing asked.

“Hot Chocolate. It's one of my favorite hot drinks.”

“Never had it.”

Rainbow dropped her cup. Luckily, it was almost empty so none got on her dress. But she made no move to pick it up. She just stared at Bat Wing her hand still in the same spot, as if she was still holding her cup. “You. Never had. Hot Chocolate!”

“Uhh... No?”

“Well then, today's your lucky day.” She pulled him to the water pitcher that had the hot chocolate in it. Poured a cup, and handed it to Bat Wing.

“This stuff is warm.” Bat Wing said very straightforward.

“Well it is called hot chocolate. Just blow on it before you drink.”

Bat Wing blew on it, put the cup to his lips, and lifted it, the chocolatey liquid going down his throat. “Well?” Rainbow asked expectantly.

“Bat Wings eyes went wide. “That is good.” He practically whispered.

“Told ya.” Rainbow smiled.

“It tastes sort of love.”

“Really?”

“Ya. Well chocolate is what humans give to each other on Valentine's day to show there love each other so it makes sense. Am I right?”

“Well, we do give them to our friends and family on Valentine's day, but lovers give them to each other all year. I'm told that I make some pretty great Valentine's day chocolates.” It's true. She does. I've only had them once but it doesn't change the fact that their amazing.

Bat Wing laughed, “I'll bet you get a whole lot of chocolates.”

“Actually, pretty much the only time I get any sweets from a boy is when they're giving them to everyone else and don't want me to feel left out.”

“No way.”

“Way. I might be awesome with friendships but no boy seems to notice like you do.” she looked like she was reflecting back on a painful experience in the past but I brushed it off.

Bat Wing looked touched. But how is that possible? Changelings literally don't have hearts. He said so himself. How can he be feeling an emotion that you need a heart to feel?

Bat Wing put a hand on Rainbow's shoulder, “Guess they just can't see how amazing you are.”

Rainbow smiled and blushed. Somehow, Bat Wing did the same. They just stood there for a moment before another female party guest came up to the snack table. “Hey love birds. Enjoying the party?”

The two went wide eyed and Rainbow blushed furiously. “What! No! We just meet!”

Bat Wing hastily agreed. “That's right I barely even know her.”

The gust simply smiled, “Suit yourselves.” she got some fizzy apple cider that the Apple family donated for the party, then left.

They were silent once again till Bat Wing broke the silence. “Well, do you think I could get some more of the hot chocolate? Mother told me not to return till I was full and I don't want to risk hurting anyone here.”

“Ya it's open for everyone. I might have some more too.”

They laughed. This Bat Wing seems to be able to bring out parts of Rainbow that I've never seen before. The scene changed once again to my relief.