Advice from a Princess

Rainbow was listening to music and looked up. Seeing that I finished, put the music away. “So?” she said expectantly.

“Your friends with a changeling.”

“Yup.”

“He wants to be with you, but can't without accidentally feeding off of your love.”

“Ya.”

“You want to be with him, but he needs to stay away from you or you'll be unbelievably weak.

“True that.”

“And now you don't know what to do.”

“Is it that obvious?”

I nodded, “We should tell the others. They can help…”

“No!!! Do you have any idea what people would do if they knew about changelings!?”

“Well, I guess that I never thought about it.”

“Exactly. They'll do everything in their power to contain and control them. I'll never be able to see him again.”

“Alright, I won't tell anyone in this world.”

“Sunset, I know what you're thinking. You want to talk to princess Twilight about him don't you.”

“Mabie.”

She sighed. “Fine. But don't tell her that he's a changeling. Alright?”

“I won't. Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.”

“Alright. Well, I'd better take his advice and get some rest. I'll need it after being with him since after school.”

“So that's where you were all day.”

“Ya. I don't get distracted that easily.”

“True. Well take it easy.

“Why do you think I quit basketball and soccer?”

“You could have quit trek too.”

“I will never do that.”

-Time Skip-

I got ready for bed then pulled out my messenger book. It's sort of like a journal, but whatever I write will appear in a different book that the princess owns. Think of it at a magical email. And boy do I have something to tell her.

“Dear Princess Twilight,

       How are things going in Equestria? I can't believe that it's been an entire year since the last Fall Formal. You remember that. Right? So much stuff happened since then. But even as the dance draws near, another magical adventure is underway.

Turns out that Rainbow discovered that a magical spices exists in our world. But she doesn't want anyone to know about it. I only know because I used my magic to find out why she's been acting so strangely lately. I never expected something like this to happen though.

She specifically told me not to tell you what they are, so I won't. But I know that they exist in Equestria. But the thing is, I almost think she fell in love with him and vice versa. Even though it isn't meant to be.

But this magical spices literally don't have hearts. And he's the prince of these heartless spices. I guess I'm just wondering if you have any advice of what I should do to help her.

Hoping you'll write back soon,

              Sunset Shimmer.”

I put the book down at my bedside table and quickly feel asleep.

-Time Skip-
-The next morning-

I woke up, my alarm going off for probably the 4th time and I knew that I had to move or I'd be late for school. Groaning, I got up. But my eyes shot awake as soon as I saw that my book was glowing and vibrating. Princess Twilight answered already! I quickly opened up to the page she wrote on.

"Dear Sunset Shimmer,

He's a changeling. Isn't he? Now don't fret, you only said that you wouldn't tell me, not that I couldn't figure it out. But I don't think that they don't have hearts. Here in Equestria, all of the changelings are now sharing love with each other so they no longer need to steal it from others.

But it might be a bit different in your world. If they do literally not have hearts, then it might be harder to change them. The changelings in our world do have hearts and thanks to one named Thorax, changelings are now a powerful ally to the ponys.

Didn't you say that he’s the prince of the changelings?  If so, then these two might just be the key to uniting the two spices and bringing harmony back to our worlds. It'll be nearly impossible to completely restore the harmony, but I enjoy seeing fate trying to restore it on it's own.

Meanwhile, you should try to get to know this prince. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out in the end.

Sincerely,

                   Twilight Sparkle.

I smiled and started to plan how I was going to meet prince Bat Wing.

After school I pulled Rainbow aside. “Ok. So I asked Princess Twilight what we should do…”

“And?”

“Well, I think that I should meet Bat Wing.”

She sighed, “Not that I don't think you should, but not even I know when I'll see him again. Or when he's around. I can almost always feel when he's around, but he's always changed into a different person. Every once in awhile I can almost tell exactly which one is him. But I respect his wishes and don't go to that person. Cause even if it is him, I don't want to insult him.Besides, I don't want to do anything to hurt him. That's the main reason I didn't tell you girls. Just imagine what Twilight would do with a creature that has non-equestrian magic. I know that I can trust you, but I still tried to keep it from you for as long as possible. I just, don't want to risk anything yet. Ya know?”

“Well, I get what you're saying, Rainbow, but you can't keep this secret from them forever. You'll need to tell them eventually.”

“Ya ya, I know. But I also know that it won't be for at least another couple years. And before then I'll be sure to ask him first. He might say that he literally doesn’t have a heart, but I know he does.”

“How do you know?”

But by then, she left. I took a deep breath and followed her to the school.