The Crimescene

Author POV

"You have troubled me in the training academy by putting me into danger and nearly got me expelled. Not content with that, you took my paper and copied my answers during the exams, not knowing that officer noticed. What is it now? You want me to solve your case, right?" Sham questioned his best buddy, Anwar, while walking towards the apartment where the incident occured.

"No. You should identify the body of the deceased victim" Anwar responded, leading the way towards the apartment.

"Me? Why should I? Doesnt the victim has any relatives?" Sham continued, taking out his leather jacket and putting it around himself during that cold weather.

"Yes,you. I think you should know her. She is about 25 years old"Anwar replied and opened the apartment door where all the other higher officials were combing the crime area.

"I know her? Name?"

"Hamida, Hamida Begum"

Sham stared at Anwar and followed him into the aprtment.

The stench of blood filled the air as the two CSI officers walked into the bathroom. The victim's pool of blood was diluted with water that caused the entire apartment to flood. As they walked nearer to the bathtub, the deceased was seen floating in the bathtub with water and blood occupying the entire bathroom. This was not the end of the murders - it had only just begun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The other crime scene investigators were using the fingerprint powder to dust off the fingerprints found on the door knob and the cups that were placed on the table. The entire apartmemt was flooded with water and streaks of blood flowing. One of the investigator bandaged the wrist of the deceased to prevent further bleeding. Another, found Eptoin, a sleeping pill bottle in the kitchen. It was then brought and put into a plastic folder stated as, evidance.

Sham walked around the apartment and saw several photoframes of his late lover. There were photos of her with her husband, sister and she herself. He had the urge to pick up one when suddenly he was interrupted by Anwar.

"Sir, he is CSI Shamshudul Ahwalia. I doubted that he might have known her, so i called him to come here"Anwar conveyed.

Both Sham and the higher officer shook hands and acknowledged each other.

"So, have you seen her before or know her?"

"No, sir" Sham replied solidly which made Anwar shift his glance from the officer to him.

"Alright. Anwar, did you inform her husband?"the officer asked.

"Yes sir, he is currently out for a business trip and he acknowledged us that he would be taking the 10 pm flight here. He should be here by tomorrow, sir" Anwar responded.

"Im still unsure if this is a murder or a sucide. Probably we can get a clear answer once we get the post mortem results,Sir" Anwar continued. Meanwhile, Sham slipped away from that converstaion and head out to the lift.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, isnt she Hamida?"Anwar questioned Sham.

"Yes"

"Then, why did you lie that you dont know her infront of that officer?"

"Had she been my classmate only, i would have agreed. But how can I?"

"Would it be 4 years ever since you met her?"

"I thought that i would meet her someday, but i didnt know that i would meet in this state"

Just then, their discussion was interrupted by the other officers.

"Sir, we have done the necessary and collated evidances. All we have to do is to clear the body"

"Carry on"

With that, Sham and Anwar followed the others and faced the deaceased,Hamida.

The stretcher was brought into the bathroom and was placed on the flooded floor. Two of the officers carried Hamida's body and placed on it, before carrying away. Just then, Sham saw a note that was kept in her hand, protected safely in a plastic cover.

He took it out with his gloves and opened it up and read out;

'My dear Farid,

Willingly or unwillingly, mistakes commited by some people,would become the reason for this death. However, i am responsible for this and not anyone else, please forgive me.

Love, Hamida

Sham passed that letter and gave it to Anwar, who later surrendered it as an evidence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sham POV

I drove back home after visiting the incident.

Hamida was indeed my first love. However, things happened in between and all ended in a blink of an eye.

I pulled the black leather jacket over my saturated form as I saunter in the soft rain, small pellets of water spitting on my hands as the remainder of the drops quench the scattered puddles decorating the asphalt.

"Where did you go early in the morning, Sham?"my mom interrogated at the foyer of my house as i parked the car.

"Anwar called me for a case. So, i rushed there" i responded, moving my finger over my hair, letting beads of rainwater to drop on my leather jacket.

"Go and shower! I will keep you lunch!"my mom said as i walked into the house, entering my room.

I took off my clothes and stood under the shower. The mermories of Hamida crashed down in front me.

How could she do this?