Stabbed

Author POV

"Im not at home, Krishna! Im going for a walk currently. Afterall, i retired and im just doing nothing at home" Mr Prabhakar ended the phone call. As per usual, he went for a walk in his usual pants and shorts and carried an umbrella, as it was drizzling. He walked along the usual deserted alley before heading home.

Just then, the wind tore at the planks that were held onto the little wooden house by rusty nails, nearby. The trees swayed with violence and Mr Prabhakar had never seen it before. It scared him. What if a branch were ripped off and came crashing towards him? He quickened his pace and opened his umbrella, wanting it to protect him from any harm.

He heaved his legs against the gale, against the pressure building on his chest and hitting his face like it intended to go right through. With eyes squinted to let in only enough light in to navigate, he never slackened his pace. Each step took him closer to home, infact closer to death.

A strong wind blew and knocked off the umbrella he was holding. The umbrella positioned itself to a point whereby the sharp end was pointing directly at him. As he took a step back, the umbrella moved an inch forward, as if having a life of its own.

Before he could even react, the umbrella flew towards him and the sharp pointed edge of the umbrella, pierced right into his throat, causing blood to flow from his neck. It then dripped all the way into the rainwater, before causing him to strangle to his deathbed.

Sham POV

"After examining the body thoroughly, we have come into a conclusion. The umbrella peirced through his breathing cord and he had a cardiac arrest upon that shock. However,the wound looks like someone has stabbed him strongly and purposely" the analyser told and covered the body.

"Anything to say, Shaz?" I turned towards her who was taking out her mouth mask. She nodded a no.

We drove back to the HQ and both of us didnt uttered a single word. In short, we were astonished.

"Not everyone in the floor are expected to die, but they are targetted to die and thats the killer's motive" Shaziah said from looking up from the blueprint of the apartment. We both exchanged glances before i carried on with my theory.

"That person is killing everyone, but the weapon used is H2O, water" Shaziah said in a very low and serious tone that made me turn around.

"You are right something tells me the same thing. Glad that you noticed as well. Okay, lets move on. Hamida's suicide, Selvi's death and Prabhakar'murder, let the mode of death be different. However, all three bodies were found in one medium. H20, water. Im not sure, but whenever something happens, like before a death, i get an indicator. But i cant seem to get it instantly. Theres also another angle in this case. Prabhakar told us that he has been noticing Hamida's activities. That means that these flats E5, Hamida's, E6, Selvi's and F5, Prabhakar's are the targetted flats among the 256 flats" i continued, scribbling on the white board.

"Yes!" Shaziah said under her breath.

"That means that the killer should belong from one of these flats. People connected to Hamida's flat is Mister X the unknown person who visits her, Selvi and Prabhakar. The foreign workers are out of the suspects because we have proves to say that they all went back to their native before the suicide took place. Selvi and Prabhakar are no more, leading for that Mister X to be the killer.." i dragged.

"...or the next targetted person!" Shaziah said and placed her hands over the whiteboard while circled the word Mister X.

"You have forgetten Vicky,Sham" Shaziah said facing me, with a slight change in her voice.

I then instructed her to investigate him further and track all the calls he might made over the past few days.

"Guess its late, Sham. I will make a move first" she said before heading out.

The game has begun.