The Shock

Sham POV

I sped the car and even dodged those red lights in order to reach the theatre. At last, we've got Mr X. Once we hold him, the truth would be out.

I reached the theatre and immediately rushed out of my car as fast as i could,without even parking it. Just as i entered, something caught my attention. An elderly woman was taking a red mop and mopped the floor with water. My heart skipped a beat as i recollected everything i experienced before. Water!

I made my way to the males' toilet, only to see two bodies on the flooded ground. Shaziah's and a male's.

"Shaz!Shaziah wake up! Wake up Shaziah!" I panicked and brought her up to my lap. I patted her cheeks several times; but she didnt got up. I touched her pulse, and it was still beating! While attempting to pat her more, i heard footsteps that were splashing in the water. I immediately took my gun in one hand and held Shaziah in my other hand,only to be rooted to the spot.

There were distinct footprints on the water and the water splashed as the footprints moved. It came nearer and nearer to me and Shaziah and vanished the moment Shaziah woke up from her shock. I brought myself forward and patted her wet back. However, i didnt even move my eyes away from that Mr X.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Look here Sham, you are creating a big issue and linking everything to this apartment case.
Today, you have even injured your own partner! What happens if the reporters come ask for the reason of his death? Would you be able to respond or give a solid answer? No! Im dismissing the both of you from this case. If you still want to be in this industry, use your brains" the chief officer warned me, banging on the table.

Without uttering a single thing, i walked out of the room.

"Hey you okay? Is everything fine?" Shaziah came from behind and leaned against my car. The cool breeze harrassed my skin and i shuddered at that night.

"We are dismissed from this case. Chief said that we shouldnt continue with this as im putting your life in danger..." i dragged and folded my arms.

"No. I wouldnt let this case off easily. You are putting my life in danger? Oh please, i have seen more than this! You know wha- im not going to leave this case alone. You left, Hamida, just because of this job, right? Anyway, we were doing this investigations secretly. Lets continue to do it that way"she replied back in a stern voice.

Before i could reply to her, she sat down in the passenger seat of my car and indicated that she wanted to go home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What really happened there, Sham?" Anwar asked as he took a sip of coffee in the late breezy night that sent chill to me.

"I went there and saw Shaziah fainted on the toilet and the other guy, Mr X on the floor. The glass was smashed and there was blood all over the mirror. I was trying to wake up Shaziah when...i heard water being splashed. You are not going to believe me but those were footsteps of Hamida!" I muttered.

"What?! Are you mad? She is dead! Look Sham, i told you not to take this case because you are not handling it professionally but personally. I know she was related to you but i sure didnt expect this from. Fine, if thats
the case, tell me why you think like that" Anwar impatiently responded.

"All three dead would have committed some mistakes regarding her issue. Im sure that all these people could have been a reason why she died. Whoever, Shaziah and I interviews, are literally dead the next the day! We interrogated Selvi and shes dead. Then, Prabhakar and hes also dead. This Mr X we were going behind, thinking that he was the murder, is lying dead in the public toilet! Putting all these im sure its her. She will never rest till she kills the rest!" I said slamming my hand against the table. Everyone in the cafe turned to face us before Anwar apologised.

"You said they committed the mistakes? Hamida herself committed a crime, what are you going to say about that, huh?" Anwar questioned demandingly.

"I know she wouldnt have done that! She isnt that kind of person!" I spat, gritting my teeth.

"I told you, you are dealing it personally and do you know why? Because you havent forget her! You still remember her! Thats all !" Anwar bellowed.

"Yes! She was that kind of girl who sacrificed her love and forgot the guy she liked and agreed to marry the guy her father pointed to! She isnt that kind of girl who would commit suicide. Why, dont you know that suicide is never in Islam? Its a sin and i know she wouldnt do this! If you want to believe go ahead or else, just dont face me. Dont think im leaving a friend like you. I have my partner, Shaziah with me!" I uttered and stood from chair,walking towards the entrance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How are you?" I asked and placed the bag of apples on the table.

Shaziah acknowledged and nodded her head. She went on further to ask me what happened the day before while i told her the entire event.

"Just wanted to ask, but is that your bike, the black Kawasaki with green stripes? That day i saw it outside the theatre and today its outside your house?" I chuckled.

"Its mine. I asked Anwar to tow it back from there. I got to change some of the parts into red. Thats my first boyfriend actually you know!"she said,giggling.

"So you know how to ride the bike? Sure it looks scary to ride, especially for a woman!" I laughed.

"Dont underestimate the power of a woman. I bet they are stronger than men"she said and smacked my arm. I signalled that it was time to leave and bid farewell. I got onto my bike and made my way to the HQ.

"Sham, remember yesterday, you told me that the mirror was broken? The report doesnt have anything saying that the mirror broke. Its only read as the man fall slipped and fall due to the wet floor. Thats all!" Anwar screamed through the phone and i immediately cut the phone. Just as i was waiting at the traffic, a small girl was watering her plant, with a red watering can. Oh no!