The Curse

Author POV

Ambulance surrounded the colony and the stretcher was brought to the dead body of the security guard. The security guard was lying under a lorry that imports water from one place to another. The body was cleared and the entire colony was called up for a meeting whereby Sham attended, without Shaziah.

"Like doing sorcery to men, someone did that to the apartment. Thats why all these are happening. If only we call a priest and check on the colony, everything would be alright!"said one of the residents.

"You shut,the building wasnt build facing the southwest. No wonder, its a bad omen!"said another.

"Silence please!"the chief officer bellowed and looked at Sham for answers.

"We need more time, sir" he mumbled.

"So that another death could occur?"he smirked.

"No, Sir. But before that, i would like to shift to that apartment".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another three days passed and things were brought to the flat E6, Hamida's flat. The furnitures were all set up and the entire apartment was cleaned by the cleaners. Togther with Sham, his mom and Shaziah moved in to the house, so that they both could further prevent things from happening. Day and night, both Shaziah and Sham were collating every single reports and evidances they managed to get; from the suicide of Hamida's till the death of the security guard.

"Shaziah, tomorrow im thinking of meeting someone. Mind lending me your bike? I have lend my car to servicing.." i asked, quirking my brow.

"I would accompany you and feel free to use my bike, partner" she said and placed the coffee on the table, before drifting off to sleep in her new room,with my mom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I waited in the carpark for Shaziah to arrive. She arrived with two black helmets in her hand. She wore black leather jacket and wore gloves with a black hijab and black jeans.

"Whatcha looking at? Here catch!"she said and threw her helmet to my direction. I reminded her that it was my ride and we switched places.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We then arrived at the place i had never been to in my four years of working in the intelligence. It was my first time and was the first experience as well. We both went inside with our helmets in our hands.

"You cant say that theres nothing in it. There is still air inside this jar but you cant see. Same as that those spirits and ghosts you say. They might be everywhere and anywhere, why not? It might be even beside you lady!"he said, pointing to Shaziah who jumped on her seat and squeezed my left bicep with her hand.

"Im a christian but i have read the Quran as well and in that its stated as... jinns. However,i cant assure you that in your cases its a jinn or anything else. Coming back, these may come in different mediums, maybe as an insect or a living thing or just anything" he said putting his hands up in the air.

"How about water?" I asked.

"Why not? They can take the elements of nature. Such as air, water, fire and etc. They have the ability to control them and carry out their desired tasks. However, they somehow would leave their reason behind after accomplishing what they need to do"he ended.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Sham! Where did you go?"Anwar patted my back.

"Just went to the café with Shaziah and had a drink with her"i lied and packed the file.

Anwar looked at my cabin and double checked Shaziah's presence and noticed she was absent.

"Shall i ask you something?" Anwar said and sat on her chair.
I simply nodded and went on further to make certain changes to the case.

"Arent you suspecting Shaziah?"he said and broke his knuckles. Is he out of his mind?!

"Like seriously! I mean, didnt you remember saying to me that everyone who you and Shaziah interrogates, dies the next day? Only the both of you knows who is involves..and ya, the security guard, she insisted to interrogate him and now, he is dead! Dont you get it? And you are telling its Hamida and her aatma and spirit! Look! I really think Shaziah has some connections to this case and she is killing everyone. She can be Hamidah's friend or..long lost relative, something like that. The killer is with you, Sham!"he said and poked my heart.

Anger engulfed me and stood from chair, startling Anwar. He had to stop all his nonsense.

"Anwar, im letting you go just because you.are.my.friend. And i told you before that, you should never ever ever poke your head in my matters! Understood?" I replied and walked off.

What if he is..right in some sense?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, have you eaten? Its late at night" I asked Shaziah who was facing her back towards me.

She turned and i saw her wiping off a tear.

"Hey, you are crying? You are a strong woman, man! Did you got reminded of your parents?.."i dragged.

"I have eaten. Sort of. Last year,this time round,my mum was with me. But now..."she said,sucking her tears in between.
"Especially, the briyani your mom made today, brought back my mermories!"she said, and wiped a single tear.

"Treat my mom like yours, partner. Its late,go and sleep"i assured her and she made her way back to the living room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Your mom's briyani was legit the best. Even my mum cant cook that way. Get for me the recipie, Sham!" Hamida said.

I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep,when suddenly a familiar face disrupted my sleep.