The Possession

Author POV

Sham banged the car door against his car and rushed to the multi-storyed old building. He yelled Shaziah's name countless times and scanned his eyes thoroughly of the buildings. He ran to the deserted places of the building and searched for her. However, she wasnt there. Just as he was about to leave, he heard a female's voice and spun around.

"Shaziah!"he screamed and rushed forward. He patted her cheek and she opened her eyes.

"Shaz! Shaz wake up!!"he bellowed and continued to tap her cheek.

"Im...im fine. Just..leave from..here please...Sham!"she whimpered and fall on Sham. He held her tightly and was horrified of what he saw. A knife was stabbed at her back.

"Welcome here, my friend! Even if i want to leave this case, you wouldnt leave, huh? Why are you so concern? Isnt one girl enough for you?" Farid chuckled, holding a hammer in his hand. Sham clutched Shaziah tightly and moved back alittle.

"What you are doing is wrong, Farid. Leave us alone!" Sham said with his eyes stern.

"Yes. What i did was wrong. I killed Hamida, i killed Vicky and now its you and your favourite Shaziah. Let me tell you something. Leave this case, get married to this Shaziah, have kids and run far away from here. Simple" Farid sneered and neared them.

Before Sham could speak, Farid took the hammer and banged it across Sham's forehead. With that, Sham lost his grip on Shaziah and fell to the opposite side of Shaziah.

"You see, Sham. I dont like second hand things. I had a soft spot for Shaziah if you noticed. That day, when you both came and interrogated me, i had an eye on her. However, i didnt tell anyone. Later, i got to know that both of you were very close and i got angry that instant and poof, i stabbed her. Why is it that all ladies i get is second hand? My wife was and so was Shaziah. Haizz..why?why? But,you are lucky.

You see, Shaziah is a tough nut. You have to see the way she protested in the van when i kidnapped her. See this mark, over here, she caused it. She took her pin and poked on my shoulder and wrestled with me. No wonder, she got a man's job.

Shaziah, you are a woman, instead of staying at home and reproducing,woman should be never let outside. Or else,they would get on top of us. Hamida was different, quiet and calm. What to do? i killed her with the sleeping pills and poof, she directly went up!" Farid laughed and conveyed.

Sham POV

The downpour was so heavy that to be caught unawares meant being drenched to the skin. Each drop was as large as a cartoon tear and they fell like gravity had been turned up a notch. The glasses were wet as the streaks of water droplet made their way into the old factory.

I clutched my head and leaned against the wall as Farid started to relate everything. He had an eye on Shaziya! I saw Shaziah, whimpering and trying to get up when Farid neared her.

"Dont you dare to touch her, Farid!" I wailled, trying to get close to her. He neared her and took her hair in his hands and forced her to stand up, with the knife still at her back.

"I harshly stabbed you and im now regretting it. Lets play for awhile and i would kill you just like how i did to my wife!"he chuckled and pushed her down,causing her to hit her head. She fall down on a puddle of water and her blood dripped.

"Shaziah!" I screamed and went to her aid. I flipped her over and took the knife out of her back. I patted her cheek and brought her close to my chest. I didnt want to lose another girl i liked.

"Hurry up. See if you can help her, if not i would kill her as well"Farid claimed and took the hammer into his hands.

"You think i died the moment you give me pills? You are wrong Farid. You were wrong. I was still alive until the moment you receive a call from Vicky who reminded you of..your flight. It was after you slit my wrist, i died" Shaziah said in a different tone and took the knife from my hand in her left hand.

"How....how did..you know?" Farid stammered and backed backwards. Shaziah staggered and got up, clutching her back. Her hair fall over her face as she moved nearer.

"I told you i was pregnant and you still dared to ask whose baby it was! Do you know how embarassing it was when you asked the doctor for a DNA test? You killed the baby! You killed my baby, Farid. You would always tell me that we shouldnt name our child, the name of my ex-lover right? Then, you shouldnt have name your child as Sham!"she bellowed and staggered towards Farid.

This wasnt Shaziah but Hamida!