The Meeting

Sham POV

"Reporting for duty, Sir!" Sham said as he saluted the chief officer.

"Have a sit, Sham. I understand that you would want to reopen this case and i hope that Anwar told you everything, so i guess i dont have to start all over again. I am attaching you with another investigator and this time round its a female. Her name is Shaziah" he announced.

"Yup. She called me and acknowledged me yesterday. I think she would have been here by now, so that we can start right away" Sham promised.

The door knocked and a female voice was heard. Both of the them turned their heads and saw a lady around her 23s, walking inside the room, with a file in her hand.

Sham POV

Just as i was about to continue, the door opened and a lady of not more than 23 came in. She was tall and had a slender body. She was wearing a black leather jacket on top of her black long sleeves. She was also wearing a black hijab and her CSI identity card was hanging on the pocket of her jeans.

"Reporting for duty, Sir!"she said in a solid voice. Her voice was indeed loud for a woman.

"Have a seat, Shaziah. So, i hope that you have read the file and the documents inside. And, this is Mr Shamshudul Ahwalia, your partner. He would be leading you in this case. Well, i am reopening this case for you, Sham, since you said you know her. Otherwise, i would have closed this. This also means that, you should investigate this secretly without letting the seniors know. I have put myself in your shoes, Sham and had let you open this case. In return, you should put yourself in my shoes and not let this investigation leak. Clear?"he ordered.

"Yes,Sir!" I said, before standing up together with the woman beside me. We then, walked out of the room and went to my cabin.

"So, this is your cabin and this is mine. We are both beside each other, so whatever you need, you can ask me. Any other thing you want to let me know?"i asked, gesturing her to her cabin.

"Shall we start the investigation now, Sham?"she asked, folding her arms and resting against the table top.

Shaziah POV

"Have a seat, Shaziah. So, i hope that you have read the file and the documents inside. And, this is Mr Shamshudul Ahwalia, your partner. He would be leading you in this case. Well, i am reopening this case for you, Sham, since you said you know her. Otherwise, i would have closed this. This also means that, you should investigate this secretly without letting the seniors know. I have put myself in your shoes, Sham and had let you open this case. In return, you should put yourself in my shoes and not let this investigation leak. Clear?"he ordered.

So, this was reopened because Sham had asked for special treatment. Could he have been related to her?

I sat down and was introduced to the guy that was sitting beside me. He was Sham,the guy i had talked to the day before. Sure enough, his voice suited his features. His shirt was folded till his forearms and his hair combed neatly, but stylishly. He had broad shoulders whereby the shirt was too tight for him. He looked at me and moved his glance from the top to the bottom. Probably, he didnt see any CSI around that wears hijab.

We stood and walked towards my new cabin, which was right beside his. I placed my handbag and the file i was holding and rested my bum against the table, before letting him to speak.

"So, this is your cabin and this is mine. We are both beside each other, so whatever you need, you can ask me. Any other thing you want to let me know?"he asked.

"Shall we start the investigation now, Sham?"i asked, folding my arms and looking at him straight.

"Well, why not? Im surprised that you are fast for a rookie. Follow me, we are going to the crimescene" he chuckled as he lead the way. I quickly grabbed my purse and ran behind him.

"For your information, im not a rookie and this is nothing new. I have been working in this industry for a good 3 years and i have also came across people like you" i replied, walking at the same pace as him. We both turned to face each other at the same time and i met his eyes directly. We both were of nearly the same height. Gotcha!

"We are going to the apartment. If you find anything that seems suspicous, alert me. Do you know how to drive a car, Ms Shazaiah Nizam?"he questioned while we were walking towards the carpark.

"You can call me Shaz if you cant pronounce my name correctly. I do not know how to drive and i hope you can at least do that" i responded. I really had 0 tolerance for those who called my name wrongly.

With that, i sat on the passenger seat and he sat on the driver's seat. We buckled our belt and start off towards the apartment, not knowing what was lying ahead of us.

Sham POV

True enough,her replies were short and cunning. She put on her seat belt and opened her ipad. She then later logged into our CSI portal and opened the folder regarding the case. I turned the engine on and started driving.
And the mermories of Hamida's crashed before me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Excuse me, sir! Can we have a lift please? We are really running late for our examinations! Please! Just think that its like Uber, and we would all pay you back!Please!"Hamida demanded, standing at the window of the car.

She was bubbly and had a certain excitement on her eyes. I quicklh nodded and all the other girls took to their seats and Hamida occupied hers beside me.

"Thank you so much, Sir. Im Hamida" she exclaimed and stretched her hand forward to shake hands.

"Im Sham. By the which college do you all need to go?" I responded, while shaking hands with her.