The Results

Author POV

The post mortem results came as the other investigators were extensively collating all possible evidances that would eventually lead to their conclusion.

The handwriting of the letter was also confirmed to be Hamida's. The bottle of Eptoin also seemed to contain the fingerprints of Hamida as well. The post mortem also deemed that there was no external physical force acted on her. The cut on her wrist was also made by her by a blade that also resulted in her death. In a nutshell, the doctors and others concluded that it was a sucide attempt.

"After consuming a large amount of Eptoin, the victim, the deceased, Hamida eventually attempted suicide. She eventually added these sleeping pills in her coffee and then went on to cut her wrist. Probably, she wanted to go and wash her wrist before she slipped and fall in the bathtub which results in her drowning in the bathrub itself"one of the high officers reported.

"Okay, but what was the cause of the suicide? Did you all manage to find?"he asked.

"Yes sir. Apparently, she had an affair with another guy, without her husband's knowledge. He came to know about the truth and she couldnt bear it. Therefore, she commited suicide. Furthermore, the entire building feedbacked that someone was always visiting her apartment whenever her husband went work. So putting all this together, we found out that it was 99% a suicide and not a murder, Sir" said another.

"Got details of that person?"

"No, sir but it is not useful for us either. Afterall, she wrote that she was the reason for her own death"

"If thats the case and as i analysed, this case of Ms Hamida Begum is solved as an attempted suicide and the case shall be closed. Thank you for all your cooperation!"the chief announced.

"Excuse me, Sir, can i have a word with you?" Anwar went forward and acknowledged the chief officer as everyone went out of the meeting room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I want to take this case, Anwar" Sham told Anwar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"99% this case is an suicide attempt. Is he suspecting anything,Anwar?" the chief officer questioned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is not a suspicion. Remember, once we both liked each other? And after seeing her in that condition, i simply cant be standing there like a stranger or a third person, Anwar" Sham told Anwar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If thats the case, i would sure allow. However, i would only be allowing only one person to be with him to investigate. I cant allow him to investigate on his own" the chief officer replied.

"I would accompanying him, Sir" Anwar suggested.

"No. Since you have been assigned to another case, i cant let you be with him. Furthermore, he is unofficially reopening this case without the permission from the other investigators who have already closed this case. If something wrong happens, they would point fingers at you as you were also part of the case before, with the seniors. I would assign one of your team members to join him for investigation. In case, he himself concludes that this is a suicide, the case would be permanently closed. Im just allowing him to retake this, just because he is related to the girl somehow and he would be aware of her past life and her family background" the chief told Anwar. Anwar in return thanked and saluted him, before leaving the room to tell the good news to Sham.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sham, i have a good and a bad news for you. Which one do you want to hear?" Anwar exclaimed via the call.

"Tell me both and i would decide which one is good or bad" Sham reaponded, putting his phone in the speaker mode while driving his car to the headquarters.

"You still didnt even change, Sham! Okay, you have a chance to reopen the case. However, do not tell the others who had solved the case as a suicide attempt. You can get all the reports and document through me. Plus, i cant be working with you, as i have the gambling case to deal with. Chief said that you would be attached with another investigator"Anwar spoke.

"The only bad news is you not working with me. The rest are good news to me. With that newbie, i shall make that person work day and night with me,till that person regrets working with me especially" Sham uttered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yes sir, any problem?" Shaziah asked the chief officer.

"Well, i have to first congratulate you for making your journey here,especially as a woman. Hope all those experience would help you in this case you are getting next. This is a new environment for you to deal with and that means that you are also working with different people as well. This is your next case. I have seen your profile and the way you handled those drug dealing cases and all those other cases when you were in the other branch. Your swift decisions really impressed me. In this file, you have all the information you will need. Do let me know if you need anything, Ms Shaziah" the chief officer instructed.

"I will do my best,Sir!" Shaziah replied and saluted, before walking out of the room.

She flipped through the file and read the case closely.

This indeed looks like a suicide case. Why does this guy wants to reopen this? She thought to herself before picking up her phone to dial the number given in the file.

"Hello, is this Mr. Shamshadul Ahwalia?"

"Yes. You are?"

"Im Shaziah Nizam. CSI of the same branch you are working at."