The Thought

Shaziah POV

"Here is the guest book. We will only allow any new person entering the colony to register their name and their vehicle number. But if they leave their vehicle outside and come in, we will only take note of the name only. He always leaves his bike outside and comes in. He always claims to see Ms Hamida of flat E5. Thats all i know" he said.

"Do you have any details of him; like his hair colour, face or any distinct features?" i asked, while Sham flipped the book vigorously.

"Yes, madamn. He appears like a boy from a wealthy family and often comes here in a red bike. He would also carry a red helmet and also has some silver chains dangling on his neck...and also his hair is slightly curly. Thats all i know, madam" he ended.

"Alright,thank you and if you see him again make a call" Sham uttered and we walked towards the car.

"Sham,wait! Lets ask him at least" i nudged.

"Look here madam. I will also say what the others say. She did something wrong thats why she felt guilty and killed herself. Nothing else" the jogger said and left.

"How come are you more excited than me?" Sham asked while we walked back.

"Its still a death and im not excited. Arent you even focussed in this case? Afterall, you opened it, not me" i replied and fastened my seatbelt.

"Assholes, they dont even have camera! When i asked, they said that it was a private colony and would only have cameras in specific places!" Sham screamed and hit the car steering wheel.

"Dont worry, Farid is coming. We should be able to get something from him. We are going to see him tomorrow in his house. Drive to the headquarters" i suggested and Sham pressed hard on the accelerator.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sham POV

"Shaz, guess we have to take my bike there. The car is being used up by another team. So, do you mind coming in my bike or else we can always take the taxi if you want" i said while walking towards the carpark.

She didnt answer and went towards the bike parking area. I walked to my bike and wore the helmet while Shaz leaned against another bike that was right beside. I stretched my hand and asked her to pick the helmet i was holding. She reluctantly took the helmet and wore over her hijab. I sat on the bike and she sat behind me and she made sure that she didnt sit too close to me nor hold my shoulders for support. Afterall i had a bike that was a bit funky. Bikes were my favourites and i often would change all the features of my bike. I started the engine and we went to Farid's house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I killed my wife, Hamida" Farid looked down and said. From the corner of my eyes, i saw Shaziah looking up from her coffee.

"I am responsible for her death. Our life was perfect after our wedding and i was happy that i got her as my wife. I would usually do everything she like without even her knowing about it. Any wife in the world, would always want her husband to be with her and spend time with her. After our marriage, i had the opportunity to start a new business and i was quite busy establishing it. And then, all these happened. I should have spend time with her so that she didnt had to spend time with others" he said remorsefully.

"Do you really believe what others are saying in the colony, around you?" Shaziah questioned.

"As her husband,i didnt believe it. However,whenever i asked her that if they were all lies, she kept silent. I dont know if she had really committed a crime, but in a way or another, im responsible for her death too" he ended.

"I was really happy that i got a daughter-in-law of my choice. When the people in that colony started to tell something bad about her, how can i not believe it? Afterall, it wasnt only one person who told about that issue. There were alot of them coming up to me and complain about her" Farid's mother vocalised.

"Okay, other than your family or the people of that colony, who else visits your flat?" I asked.

"Friends...Vicky. My business partner and my best friend"he responded.

"Can we meet him, now?" Shaziah suggested and Farid agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farid then lead us to his car company in order to meet Vicky.  Shaziah was quick enough to insert the pen again in my shirt while she took off the helmet.

"This is Vicky" Farid introduced and Vicky shook both of our hands.

"Not just business, but we also share many personal issues with each other. One day, he came up to me and said that everyone in the apartment were talking bad about Hamida and he was very upset. I didnt believe it. However, when i saw her with others a few times, i really had to believe it anyway" he said and walked towards his office.

Just then, i noticed that he kept looking at Shaziah, who was busy scribbling something on a paper. He glanced her from her top to her bottom.

"You told us that you had seen her somewhere, right? Do you remember where?" I interrogated, pulling his focus away from Shaziah.

"I have seen her in a theatre and shopping centre and the ice cream shops as well"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So when are you coming to see my father?" Hamida asked while eating her ice cream.

"As soon as possible" i replied fixing my glance at her.

"Look Sham. Im not that kind of girl who would postpone this kind of issue. I take my relationship with anyone very seriously. Its not good for the both of us to meet up and i want to make this a halal relationship" she said, glaring at me.

"If thats the case, im coming tomorrow. Is that fine? When i come to your house, just say that you like me. It should be fine!" I exclaimed.

"Look at me and say it, again" she insisted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The icy grey sky restlessly grumbled. The thick blackened clouds were dragged down by the heavy rain which it held in its delicate frame. The clouds which struggled to withstand the burden of the weight which the rain held, soon gave in. The rain poured down over the city with a roar. The sound of emptiness was disrupted by the loud gregarious boom of thunder.

"Sham, you okay?" Shaziah asked me while flipping through the file in the cafe.

"Im fine, just got reminded of Hamida" i said wiping a tear that was about to come.

"Actually, dont mind me asking, but how is she related to you?"

"She was my first love. However, things didnt worked out"i replied.

"Why? Didnt you went to seek her hand in marriage to her father?"she continued.

"I did,but her father didnt want his daughter to be married off to a person who is in the police industry..thats why we split and she got married to Farid"i dragged.

Shaziah simply nodded her head and looked outside, seeing the rain flow down the glass of the cafe.

"You know, everyone has a bad opinion of her? She herself accepted her mistake and you are saying its a murder and not a suicide?" Shaziah questioned and quirked her brow.

"There is still 1% chance of it and i wouldnt rest till i get the answer!" I replied, banging on the table slightly.

"Keep calm, Sham! Im going to the restroom and you pay the bill!" Shaziah claimed and walked towards the restroom.

Just as i was about to pick out my wallet, a red fish caught my attention. It was swimming away from its catcher in the fish tank. It really sawm fast and swiftly and the catcher really found it a hard time to catch it.

I paid the bill meanwhile and Shaziah popped up. "I think the rain has subsided. Shall we go, Sham?"she asked and i got up. With her infront, we exited the cafe. I took a last glance at the red fish and it was no longer in the giant water tank, but was brought to a smaller bowl instead.