The Suspicion

Sham POV

It was night and i was reading novel when Shaziah walked in.

"Partner, wanted to tell you something. You know this case, i feel that it might be..Hamida doing all these"she said and bit her lip.

"Hamida?" I called out but there wasnt any response.

"Shaz?"i repeated once more and she looked up.

"I dont know but i have handled alot of cases like this before but i didnt get to experience this. Its like a mass murder. One floor, one colony but nearly four murders. Isnt it fishy? Lets say that if someone murdered those victims, then they should be behind us by now...plus you and i know that there is no perfect murder. The killer would have unknowingly left clues or items that would give us leads, but we combed the area and nothing is visible.

Its...unimaginable! If its really Hamida, i dont even know how we are going to present it to chief. Be it the girl made mistake or what, its sad. Nowadays, i dont know why, but i feel different. The girl passed away; without a reason. As a girl, one would only end her life such a way if she is betrayed by someone. Women arent strong to overcome that only. Betrayal is worst than labour pain. So..ya just want to tell you about that. Im not psycho or anything, but telling you my point of view"she trailed off and looked at her fingernails.

"Hmm..okay...i actually want to tell you something important but dont freak out..well you see... Hamida has been-" the window opened and a huge wind blew into the room. It was a dark and stormy night and the rain fell in torrents except at occasional intervals, when it was checked by a violent gust of wind which swept up the streets, rattling along the housetops, and fiercely, agitating the scanty flame of the lamps that struggled against the darkness.

"If you want her, dont tell her that i possessed her! Understand?!" Hamida warned and left Shaziah's body, breaking one of the night lamps.

"You were saying something important, Sham. What is it?" Shaziah asked while rubbing her head.

"Ermmm...its just that i wanted to ask if you.."i stammered and looked at her.

She leaned forward on the bed and made her brows close together.

"Go on, partner!"she said and clasped her hands together.

"Well, nothing. Just ask if you would be staying in this HQ after these case" i asked and bit my lip. She nodded and replied that this was going to be her permanent workplace. A sheer delight came as she walked out of my room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author POV

"Sir, im sure we are very close to this case and i can garuntee that this is not a suicide but a murder" Sham said in a stern voice.

"Fine. If thats the case, who do you think killed her?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I killed her, Shaziah! I killed her. Come and arrest me now! But you cant. Hahaha!I made you and lover, that idiotic Sham, go around in circles. He would sure come here, in search of you!" Farid demanded and caught hold of Shaziah's hair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What made you say that?"the chief questioned. I immediately dragged the whiteboard towards the other officers and plot out everything that happened, however i did not reveal that Hamida came in Shaziah's form.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I killed her,the only second hand in my life. She made my reputation go down hill! I even slit my wrist so that you would all wouldnt suspect me. That doesnt ends there. I murdered my own friend,Vicky!"he sneered and tied the unconcious Shaziah on a bench.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We need a solid evidance and not a theory!"the chief commanded.

"I will get that solid evidance for you all, Sir!" Sham said and exited the meeting room.

The moment he exited the room, the phone rang and it was Farid.

"Hey, Sham. In another five seconds, you will receive a call,bye!"Farid sneered and cut the call. Sham could not understand anything and immediately cut the call.

"Sham! Some guys entered and kidnapped Shaziah! Do something, Sham!" Sham's mother called and panicked. He then raced to his car and dialled Farid.

"Im here at the old Ford Factory. I have been waiting for you, my friend. And wait, your lover is here. Get her before you can!"he spat and put the phone down.

Gazing straight ahead, only half-aware of a world outside the claustrophobic comfort of the car, Sham swirled the wheel, hearing the soundless changing of the gears and the pattern of traffic lights, making his way to old Ford Factory.