The Next Move

Shaziah POV

"Sham, you coming to headquarters today?" I asked Sham while getting off my Kawasaki bike.

"Im coming there in a while. We are going to see someone important" Sham said from the other end. I cut the call and made my way up to the cabin.

"Shaziah, the chief is calling you in" one of my colleague informed and i immediately set off.

"May i come in, Sir?" I asked and went in.

"So, how is the case going on? Any leads?"he questioned while folding his arms across.

"Pretty good. We have a lead that may lead to our conclusion. For now, i would not want to share what we have seen that others might have missed out" i said lifting my head held high.

"If thats the case, then you leave" and he dismissed me.

When i got out, i saw Sham waiting at his desk. He then gestured me to leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nice car, partner! Customized one? Cool!" I said and touched the seats of Sham's car.

We arrived at a rather small landed property. It was lookimg rather old, something that was built for about more than 30 years. There were lots of plants surrounding the foyer, but all were dried up due to insufficient water. We both got out of Sham's car and neared the house. We rang the bell several times and there was no answer.

Sham again knocked on the door and the door opened instantly. The door opened and we came face to face with a man who looked about 60 and above. The wrinkles in his face were evident and he looked frail. Before we could even enter, the old frail man pushed Sham away and slammed the door.

We turned back and saw a young lady, walking towards the house.

"Why did you come here again? My father told you not to come here anymore? What else do you want?"she cried.

"Look, im taking your sister's case and if she really told you anything about her marriage, its really time to confess it to me" Sham said in a serious tone.

"Well, look. We are really sorry for your loss and we are indeed trying ways to solve this problem. The case is already closed but Sham insisted on reopening this and looking through it again...just for your sister" i went forward and rubbed her shoulder.

"She didnt tell anything to us. She was fine after her marriage. Could you both please leave?!"she cried.

"But.."

"Lets leave, Shaz" Sham hold my arm and dragged me towards the car.

"She is the sister of Hamida, in case you are wondering" He said while driving his car.

"And...im sorry for yesterday, shouldnt have talk to you in that manner. Its just that.."he dragged.

"I know the pain of losing our love ones, no explanation is needed. Our occupation is such that whereby we see dead people nearly every single day and then inform their family members that they are no more and we will feel sorry for them. But when your love ones die and especially someone that is really close to you, thats the moment when you fear death. Im just used to it. No point picking up the past" i trailled and we reached the headquarters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sham POV

Just as i sat on my cabin, my phone rang.

"Anwar here. It seems that Farid cut his wrist...its better if you or Shaziah could come here to the hospital to check on him"he implied. I acknowledged that i would be coming in a jiff and stood. I then saw Shaziah drinking water from the water cooler and walked towards her to inform her.

"Why is your hijab slightly wet?" I asked the moment i neared her.

"Its the water. Haizz guess i have to dry it. Can you hold this cup for awhile, i will be back"she said and passed me the cup and walked away to the restroom. Out of the blue, my attention diverted from her to the cup. The cup was red and it held water to the brim. My heart went silent and i could not feel it beating.

"Pass me the cup. Everything okay, Sham?" Shaziah said while patting my cheek.

"Erm..yeah, we need to go to the hospital. There seems to be an issue. Guess we have to take my car there, its drizzling" i responded and walked towards the exit, letting Shaziah behind me. I took a last galnce at the red cup and it was still full, to its brim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"He has gone mad! Why should he kill himself? She committed a sin and she's dead! He is here talking about her and prestige! She didnt even care about prestige and she dared to live with another guy!" Vicky spat while Shaziah and I sat on the chair at the hospital.

"Look Sir, people might say things easily but i cant take it! I loved her soo much...but i didnt take care of her. Whenever she needed me, i wasnt there! I feel..so selfish" Farid cried and sniffed as he said.

"I understand your plight. Let the bygones be bygones. Look into the future and everything would be alright. Vicky, please take care of him; we both have alot of work to do. We shall see you after you recover" I said and turned around, gesturing for Shaziah to follow me.

"Ouch!" Vicky yelped in pain and i immediately spun around. Shaziah mouthed out sorry and walked out of the room together with me.

"Asshole, couldnt keep his eyes to himself is it?" Shaziah smacked the car seat. I looked at her and understood everything that happened.

"We are going to sneak into Vicky's house and see if anything there would give us some leads" I said and switched on the GPS. The rain was pouring and my windshield started to wash all the droplets on the windscreen. The wind howled, and rain patterned against the windscreen repeatedly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dont you have key?" Shaziah pondered when we walked towards his flat. I reminded that this was an unofficial raid and we were 'sneaking' into the house. Without leaving a second, she took out her pin that was pinned to her hijab and started to poke through the hole.

"If you are a CSI and you cant open a lock, you are not even fit for the job. See, its opened!"she squeeked and opened the door.

We ventured into the room, finding for any evidances of helmet or any other things that matched the mysterious guy's description. Shaziah went over to the tv table and picked up some magazines while i went to the bedroom, rummaging the drawers. Once we raided for what it looked like 20 minutes, we left the house immediately and set off back to HQ.

"You know that guy, Vicky, was having some playboy magazines and other adult content magazine. Yuck! Just now at the hospital as well, he was looking at me weirdly. Thats why i stepped his foot with my heels. This kind lf guys must know the consequences of behaving inappropriately with ladies" she said angrily and switched the radio on.

Just then, my phone rang.