The Reveal

Sham POV

Another day passed by quickly and Shaziah and i were very close to finding the murderer.

Part of me said that it was her but the other,was reluctant. The night breeze flew and i was reading a few novels about jinns and spirits.
Perhaps,i should ask Shaziah the truth.

Just then, Shaziya entered the room with two cups of coffee and handed me one.

"Its late at night, why dont you sleep?" I asked while taking a sip of the coffee.

"I didnt want to sleep; more like i cant sleep. By the way,you wanted to tell me something right? Go on" she said and looked up from her cup.

"Well, i didnt tell you but from what i infer,Hamida is the killer. Yes,she is haunting all those who killed her perhaps"i suggested and changed my question and moved my chair towards her.

"What makes you tell that,Sham?"she questioned, taking another sip.

"Simple. I dont know why but all those we interrogated, are no longer alive plus, whenever or even before i recieve the news that someone died in this colony, i always got an indication. For example, before Selvi's, we were in a cafe and then you went to toilet right? I saw a red fish in a water and followed by Prabhakar's accident whereby i saw you filling up a red cup with water and then in the theatre, a woman mopping the floor with a red pail..all these little indicators led me to be suspicous...and when the day goes by, i confirmed it. I told Anwar but he didnt give a damn"i said and noticed a change in her expression.

"You noticed everything?"she asked in weird tone. I nodded and stood there to see if there was any change in Shaziah's expressions. However, there werent any. Of course, she is an officer and she could eventually act!

"Why didnt you marry anyone else after Hamida died?"she asked, seriously.

Damn! She is changing the topic! Before i can even reply, I felt a cold  breeze harrassing me out of the blue when the windows opened.

"What kind of question is this? I didnt feel like marrying and i didnt think that it was important for marriage" i replied.

"It has been three years ever since we have split and you didnt even thought of marrying anyone else? Look at me and say, Sham!" Shaziah's tone changed.

My heart beated rapidly upon noticing the change of voice of Shaziya. I saw that Shaziya wasnt like what she was before. Her stare was different and the way she looked at me was totally... different.

"Shaziah?" I said and neared her; just a few inches away from her, but there wasnt any reply. Just then i saw her holding the cup on her left hand, like what Hamida used to do and Shaziah was definately a right hander!

"Hamida?" I cleared my throat and went forward. Before i could even react, Shaziah placed her hand on top of mine and adjusted her hair just like Hamida. This wasnt Shaziah, but Hamida in Shaziah's body!