The Apartment

Sham POV

"We are here to investigate a case" Shaziah said while taking out her CSI card to show the security.

"Is it about Ms Hamida?"the security guard asked. Shaziah turned her head towards me and looked at me blankly.

"Yes" i replied and drove past the counter. I parked the car and we both got up from the car. I followed Shaziah up in the lift and came face to face with the apartment, E5.

Shaziah took out two pairs of gloves from her purse and handed me one while wearing the other. She opened the door by its key that was in an envelope that was given by Anwar. She unlocked it and went in.

The apartment still looked the same as the day the investigation occurred. I saw Shaziah scanning her eyes thoroughly through all the cupboards and shelves. She then made way her way to the bathroom and i followed.

"This is where the body was found, in this bathtub" i said pointing to the bathtub.

"Hmm, did you all get the fingerprints of the bathtub?"she questioned while analysing.

"Yes, its in the file. Only her fingerprints could be found and no one else's" i replied kneeling beside her.

"You sure? Really no one else's?" she said, looking up. Her eyes were really big and brown and had the serious impression. Before i could reply, she took out the fingerprint powder from her purse and brushed it against the tap. There was really no other imprints.

"Told you, look. They have only collated her fingerprint. See here, the file. This two fingerprints were only seen and it matches hers"i continued and stood up.

She quickly grabbed my hands and forced me to kneel again.

"Something is wrong, Sham. She lives with her husband right? So at least, there must have been his fingerprints as well. From what the report says, there seemed to be only one fingerprint. Its fishy"she said.

When i thought about what she conveyed, it did make sense.

"So, you feel that someone had eventually rubbed the possible fingerprints and placed hers?" I questioned.

"Probably. You have to look at two perspectives. One, she attempting a suicide and another she being murdered"she said and got up.

"Not bad. Especially for a woman. I was supposed to be leading you but you are leading me instead" i responded and got out of the bathroom.

"Theres nothing else here i guess. Im still thinking its a suicide, unless we get any other clues. Dont think im in your side already"she replied,locking the apartment door.

"I think you have forgotten your purse inside, thinking to talk back to me" i reminded her. She quickly opened the door back and rushed inside,alone.

Shaziah POV

'This Sham is such a pain in the ass' i thought to myself and walked inside the bathroom and took my purse. The water in the bathroom then splashed on me when i bent down and took my purse hurridly.

"I want to interview the others; the neighbours especially" Sham said as he locked the apartment.

"First, the opposite apartment, E6. You ready?"he asked and walked opposite.

"Ever ready, Sham"i responded and took out the camera-pen from my purse and placed it on his pocket. He was taken aback from that gesture and knocked the door of apartment E6. The door opened and a couple was standing. They were about 50-60 years old.  Its time to face them.

Author POV

The door opened and the elderly couple welcomed both Sham and Shaziah into their house.