Chapter 3

~Marcus POV~

Ever since I first talked to Maya, she would do all the work even though I insisted to help her. I finally noticed how mean she is to Maya. But I can't stop being friends with Ashley we have known each other since primary school, but I really like hanging out with Maya she is different from all the other girls.

~Maya POV~

Marcus- Ummmmm...

Maya- Spit it out already, I don't have all night

Marcus- The couch got uncomfortable?

Maya- You said that as more if a question and why didn't you go the Ashleys room?

Marcus- You were closer?

Maya- Stop asking me and go to Ashley you can sleep in her room

Marcus- But I'm already here

Maya- Do you really want to push it

I said angrily glaring at him

Marcus- I will leave if you let me help with the project and I get your phone number

I sat contemplating which one is worse Ashley seeing Marcus in my bed or spending time with him on a school project. I sat there thinking for a few minutes

Maya- I made my decision we will do the school project thing

Marcus- Okay now what's your phone number?

Maya- Oh yea, it's #### ### ###. Now get out.

Marcus- How do I know it's not fake.

Maya- Then text ut know.

Ding

Unknown- Hey :)

Maya- NOW GET OUT

Marcus- Okay

Marcus then got up and walked back upstairs, I really hope I made the right choice. After a few minutes of thinking, I started to doze off then fell asleep.

~~The Next Morning~~

I woke up the next day by yelling in my room when my eyes got adjusted to the light I saw Ashley standing in front of my bed.

Ashley- Get up you lazy piece of shit. Go make us breakfast and clean my room as well.

Maya- Yep, I'll do it once I get dressed.

Ashley- You have five minutes to be ready or you will be punished like last time.

I quickly nodded my head as tears threatened to come out of my eyes, remembering all the pain and suffering the last time had I would never want to repeat it. I quickly got my clothes and ran to the bathroom pushing past Marcus. I had a quick shower got dressed and brushed my teeth. then I heard

Ashley- 10, 9,8,7

I quickly bolted to the kitchen when I accidentally fell over a stand with a vase and it smashed everywhere cutting my leg.

Ashley- 5,4,3

I quickly got up and bolted to the kitchen cause I knew my punishment would be worse than a few cuts on my leg. Luckily I got to the kitchen just into time, so I quickly put my hair up in a high ponytail.

Ashley- 2,1,0. You got here just in time clutz and clean the broken vase, also don't get blood anywhere except your room.

 I started cooking breakfast for everyone when Marcus walked into the kitchen.

Marcus- Hey are you okay, I saw you running to the bathroom and then I heard a crash and your knee is bleeding.

Maya- I'm fine Marcus, it's just a few scratches and can you tell Ashley and the others breakfast is ready.

Marcus- But those cuts could get infected and when you were running to the bathroom I saw tears threating to come out of your eyes.

Maya- I said I'm fine so just drop it okay.

Marcus- Okay, I'll go tell everyone that breakfast is ready.

After that, he walked out of the kitchen and went to go tell them that breakfast is ready. Quickly set up the dining room and put the waffles down for everyone. Then I walked upstairs to go clean Ashleys room, once I finished cleaning Ashley's room I head back downstairs and went to wash the breakfast dishes.

Ding

Marcus- Are you sure your okay?

Read

Marcus- If you don't reply, I will come down there and not leave your side until three weeks time

Maya- I'm fine

Marcus then walked into the kitchen, he started walking closer to me to the point that he was right behind me. I just continued doing what I was doing ignoring his presence until I felt heat air on the back of my neck. I quickly turned around and quickly pushed him away from me.

Is he trying to get me killed by Ashley?