Chapter 5

~ Maya POV~

When I looked at the time it was already 6 o'clock.

Maya- I better go home.

Sophia- We should swap phone numbers.

We swapped phone numbers and both went back home. Once I got home I was greeted by Brittany, with a slap on the face. Crap, I forgot she was coming home today.

Brittany- WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!

Maya- I was out with a friend

Brittany- Don't lie brat or do you want do punishment?

I shook my head.

Brittany- Go make us dinner and make enough for three people.

I quickly hurried off to the kitchen, I started cooking tacos and set the table for three people. I was wondering who the third person is?

I put everything on the table and called

Maya- Dinner is ready.

I walked back into the kitchen and started to do the dishes, when I was in the middle of doing the dishes I heard

Ashley- Come here now

I quickly put everything down and walked into the dining a I locked eyes with Marcus, I walked closer to Ashley with Marcus eyes never leaving me.

Maya- Yes

Ashley- Get me a sprite, Mum a glass of wine and what do you want Marcus?

Marcus- Ummmm...

I looked over at Marcus and gave him an angry glare.

Marcus- I'll just have a glass of water. Thanks.

I walked back into the kitchen to get the drinks for Brittany, Ashley and Marcus. I can't believe Marcus ditched me for Ashley and he was the one who wanted to do the project with me. I walked back into the dining room putting down everyone's drinks in front of them.

After Marcus finished he came into the kitchen bring his dirty dishes.

Marcus- Hey Maya. I bring my dishes for you.

I nodded and continued doing what I was doing, hardly looked at Marcus the whole time.

Marcus- I'm sorry for ditching you with the project. I just couldn't get away from Ashley and

Maya- It doesn't matter, you don't need to apologize and I'm almost finished anyway.

Marcus- But I feel bad because I told you I was coming and I just left you there.

Maya- I didn't think you would. So go back to your girlfriend and leave me alone.

Marcus then turned around walking out of the kitchen. When I have finished all the chores, I went down to my bedroom. I sat down at my desk got the project out of my bag and started to finish the last scene off when I heard my bedroom door creak open.

Marcus- I came to help with the play.

I continued to write the play and replied

Maya- I said I'm fine and I'm up to the last scene anyway.

I heard Marcus feet shuffle and made their way to my bed where he sat down with a loud creak.

Marcus- But I'm here now, so I can help you finish the last scene or we can write a whole new play.

Maya- Yes you are here know. But what about if I ever need you, you can't just float in and out as you please. Are you either in or out?

At this point, I was looking at Marcus straight in the eye. I can't afford getting hurt again because someone else in my life left me.

Marcus- I know I cant just float in and out but I can't be seen with you outside of school cause what if Ashley would see us. She would kill you and I can't let that happen.

Maya- Then you are out.

Marcus- But the only reason I'm with Ashley is because of you. I am doing it for you and you cant even tell me why I'm doing this but I trust you.

Maya- We will just finish this scene and leave you to leave me alone.

Marcus- I will leave your room, but I can't promise to leave you alone.

I rolled my eyes and went back to writing the play and then I thought

Maya- What happened to Ashley?

Marcus- I told her I was going home and then I snuck in.

I did a small chuckle and turned back to doing the project. After half an hour we finished the play and Marcus went home.