Chapter 41

~Marcus POV~

I saw Maya take a deep breath before she started talking

Maya- So it all started with your old friend Ashley who is also my step sister. She had a MASSIve crush on you. But you didn't pay much attention to her while she was trying to get your attention, the more you came here the more you kept talking to me for some reason.

I smiled when I did pay attention to Ashley and instead I paid attention to Maya.

Maya- So we ended dating and Ashley didn't like it. So she started sending you threating texts, that she would hurt me and stuff like that. 

I felt a pang in my heart. I can't believe I forgot about her, I can see the pain in her eyes as she was talking. I felt like such a jerk for forgetting about her and while we were dating.

Maya- So, you did as Ashley told but in the end, you ended up giving up. Ashley and Ryder kidnapped you and me. Martinus and Sophia got kidnapped while trying to recuse us.  While we were all locked up, the police sirens were close, so Ryder took out a gun and shot you.

I broke my gaze with Maya for a second then rejoined my eyes with hers. I could see all the hurt and anger in her eyes. I didn't know what to do so I just pulled her into a hug, she was shocked at first and then she rejoined and hugged me back. We stayed like that for a couple of minutes. She pulled away, avoiding my gaze and then said

Maya- So there you go now you know everything. 

I put my fingers under her chin so she can meet my eyes again

Marcus- I'm still going to protect you. I've always cared and I always will.

I saw a confused look on her face when I said that.

Marcus- I only lost a part of my memory. So before I started talking to you I've always liked you ever since the first day I first saw you and I won't stop. 

I saw a blush crawl up on to her cheeks and a smile grew on my face. I love the feeling I get when I make her blush. I put my hand into my pocket and pulled out a necklace

Marcus- Turn around

She did as I told and I put the necklace around her neck. She turned back around to look at me and said

Maya- Marcus it's beautiful, I love it. 

Marcus- It's for any time you feel scared or alone, it's a reminder that I am always there with you.

Her smile grew bigger and she pulled me in to kiss. I can totally see a future with her.