Chapter 36

~Maya POV~

The whole lesson I heard Zoe trying to flirt with Marcus but he kept trying to talk to me which I just kept focused on my work. At the end of the lesson, the teacher said

Teacher- We are going to be working in groups of three to do a presentation on a Countries. I will put you in your groups.

All I heard was blah blah blah from the teacher until she called out my name.

Teacher- Maya, Zoe, and Marcus you guys are all doing Australia.

Of course, I have to worst luck so I got the two people I didn't want in my group. I justed wanted to bang my head on my locker until I woke up and this is just a dream.

Teacher- It is due next week and you have to work on it at home but I will give you the rest of the lesson to figure everything out and start on it.

She handed out the criteria sheet with what we had to have in the presentation. I turned to Marcus and Zoe and said.

Maya- You guys don't have to do anything I can handle it all.

Marcus- No I want to help you. Please let me help you.

Maya- I can handle it. Just let me handle it, please.

The bell rang and I quickly got everything together and I walked out of the classroom. He can't keep saying I want to help you and then never show up. I had one class before the end of the day. The class went quickly and so after class, I went to my locker and got my homework and bag for home. I got home and got something to eat before I started on the project. I put Marcus and Martinus on the speakers and started blasting it. While I was working on the project I felt a body sit next to and when I looked over it was... Marcus?

Maya- Marcus, what are you doing here?!

Marcus- I came to help.

Maya- I said I don't need your help. I can do it by myself. And how did you get in?

Marcus- I climbed through the window and no I am helping or we can do a little competition.

My eyes pricked up. I like a bit of competition.

Maya- I'm listening.

Marcus- How about we both make cookies and whoever makes the best wins. If you win I won't help with the presentation but if I win I get to help you with this project.

He stuck his hand out and I grabbed it and we did a handshake and I said

Maya- Deal