(don't) get your hopes up

Mina's POV

The next morning, I wake up to find myself sleeping on my mattress in the living room. I did not even take my clothes off, that's how tired I was. Yesterday was surely not a dream, was it? I look at the watch in the kitchen.

10:57am

Today was my last day of work, even though I already quit last week, I promised to do one last shift today.

I search for my phone to charge it, since it died over night. What should I do until the Battery is full? There are no things left that must be packed and my apartment is clean. Besides, cleaning my place on a Sunday with these Korean paper like walls - my neighbours would complain instantly.

His face pops into my mind. His bright smile...his voice and his large hands holding that microphone... he looked so passionate, even though it was such a small location and a small crowd to sing for. I find myself admiring JHope while staring into the air. He is a star, no matter what and where, hm?

Oh god - Hani!
I interrupted my own thoughts. I hope she made it home safely...I'm a terrible friend since I did not make sure she was safe after I selfishly left her alone in there. I should call her.

It felt like an hour until my phone finally lights up to reveal my background image. 10% battery - still charging. I type my brother's birthday to unlock my phone and type in her number.

But before I could press the green button my phone got spammed with unread messages and notifications of missed calls. Haniiiii I'm sorry! I quickly re-type her number and wait for her to pick up the call.

Hani: "Mina! Hell-"

Me: "Unnie! Unnie unnie unnie, I am so sorry! Mianhaeyo! Ahhhhh! I am so sorry I left you alone and just ran off after what happened. I am so terribly sorry. Are you okay? Are you alright? Please forgive me!"

I am heavily waving my arms around, but felt stupid after realising she cannot see me.

Hani: "Ohh, you are too cute! Don't worry, you texted me, remember? So it was fine then. I am sorry I spammed you with calls afterwards, but-" she giggles. Why is she giggling? "JHope was desperately asking for your number so he could apologize properly and I wanted to ask for your permission first! Just what did you two do on that stage? I was too short, I could not see properly! You did so well up there, Mina, I heard you!"

Me: "Wait, he was what? Oh. I'm sorry I did not pick up your calls, my phone was set to silent mode and quickly must have died afterwards! And I instantly fell asleep at home, I was just too tired. Sorry again, unnie..."

Hani: "Stop apologizing, pleeeease! It's alright, okay?" I hear her smiling. "Now...did he text you?"

Me: "I think you are the only person that would actually need my permission to give THE JHope my telephone number, unnie. I am happy I have you, you are so pure!" I laughed into the phone.

Hani: "Well, actually I did not wait for you to give me your permission since I gave him your number anyway, hehe. And it seems like you did not check your mails yet, so tell me afterwards! I am more than curious!" she hangs up before could I open my mouth to say something.

My hand sinks down at an instant. I was smiling to myself being happy that she isn't mad and that she is safe.
Wait. She did... JHope has my... omg. It took me a while to realize what Hani just said.

I stare down on my phone. There is no way he could have texted me. What would he write anyways? What was I even wishing for him to text me? Hahaha...hahahahaa, I'm sure she is just playing a prank at me. And yesterday did not even happen. Hahaha.