about being nervous

4:26pm

Due to the traffic my bus arrived a few minutes later than I hoped to be at the stop where Joo and I promised to meet up. I wanted to be there earlier than him, so I may get the chance to tease him about being late himself, because usually I'm the one that forgets time.

But as I hop off the bus while searching for Joo, almost falling over my own feet, I notice a red haired guy approaching me, handing me my favourite smoothie.

Red-haired guy: "I knew you would be late", he said with a teasing but friendly smile on this face.

Me: "Joo! Is that really you?" I blurt out, surprised and confused about his different appearance. Checking his face as I take a step back as I examine him from head to toe.

Joo: "Surprise! Do you like it? I thought I'd try something different this time." He seems a little embarrassed as he scratches his head and looks away.

Me: "You're not Joo! You are an Idol!" I smile and chuckle at the irony, while thinking about JHope's fluffy hair and its colour. I'd really like to see him with his hair styled upwards again, like in the time BTS debuted...

Me: "By the way, thank you for the smoothie! How much do I owe you?"

Joo: "Don't worry, it's on me since this is your last working day." He quickly starts waving off my hand that is searching for money in my handbag. "So..." he loweres his head, "you are really going back after only one year?"

Me: "Joo! We talked about that many times before!" I look at him grumpily. "I know, I have Hani and you. But I don't fit in this country." I try smiling as I pat his shoulder. "But I will visit. Ne?"

Joo: "You know you always can come back. AND I am sure, that grumpy old man will hire you again, even though he is still kind of racist", he leans down, whispering the last part, but then throwing his hands up: "You're a great chef after all!"

I chuckle.
Me: "Thank you, Joo. I will keep that in mind. Hani and you are like family after all." I warmly smile at him before looking at my feet.

My date wit JHope is tomorrow and I still have no idea if he sees something in that date or if it's just an act out of apology. But on the other hand, what if he really likes me and honestly wants to see me again?

Should I hold on to that tiny glimpse of hope? Should I cancel my flight and stay in a hotel to see how things turn out? Or just simply leave again without telling him just like yesterday?
I shake my head to get rid of that thought.

Joo must have noticed I started losing myself in thoughts again as he motivationally claps his hands together.

Joo: "We should head inside! Finish your smoothie, you drink like a turtle!"

His comment made me snap back to reality.
Me: "Heey! Turtles are majestic creatures that must be appreciated! So, I'll take that as a compliment!" I rush afer him.

Something tells me it's not just his hair that changed for today.

9:03pm

Joo's POV

Mina: "It was a pleasure to work here. Thank you for everything you have done for me as well as your hard work. Jeongmal gamsahamnida." She says, deeply bowing to me, her co-workers and the restaurant's owner.

Even though she is not born in Korea and Korean is not her mother tongue, she quickly figured out how to adapt the level of politeness. On top of that, Mina is now almost fluent in Korean, even though she still is unsure about her abilities.